Rikon 70-220 VSR Customer Service

Review by woodmaker posted 08-21-2015 06:59 PM 12397 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rikon 70-220 VSR Customer Service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I must brag on Rikon and their customer service.
My lathe variable speed indicator stopped working. 1st Rikon sent me a new cable and that worked for a couple days and stopped working again.
Rikon sent me a new mother board and switch assembly pronto; which I promptly crossed wires and fried. I contacted Rikon told them what I did and asked how much for a new one. Rod Burrow from Rikon whom I’ve been working with sent me another new one and no cost with an invite to call before I install. I will certainly do that as I don’t want a repeat.

Anyway this is what’s known as GREAT customer service and I had to post it.

-- Mike

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

View Redoak49's profile (online now)

Redoak49

#1 posted 08-21-2015 08:18 PM

I think that Rikon is finding a place in the market. I have the 10” bandsaw and happy with it as it fits between my big bandsaw used for resawing and a scroll saw.

Glad to hear about the customer service as it likely will make me consider them in the future.

View ThomasPittman's profile

ThomasPittman

#2 posted 08-22-2015 01:10 AM

I’m not sure though if this case is the exception or the rule. I contacted Rikon about a broken locking lever for my lathe, which in my opinion shouldn’t have been so easy to break. I was just told that I could buy another one and pay to have it shipped to Canada for a ridiculous price. It still hasn’t been replaced and may never be…

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

#3 posted 08-23-2015 12:24 AM

I’ve had nothing but great experience with Rikon both from the tools/quality as well as their customer service.

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.

View toddbeaulieu's profile

toddbeaulieu

#4 posted 08-24-2015 11:40 PM

I too have had excellent experience with their service. I have their little band saw and the plastic knobs crumbled after about a year or two and a tire deteriorated. Almost as if it had been subjected to a chemical.

Without missing a beat they replaced everything for free.

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

#5 posted 08-27-2015 03:16 PM

Sorry you weren’t as lucky

I m not sure though if this case is the exception or the rule. I contacted Rikon about a broken locking lever for my lathe, which in my opinion shouldn t have been so easy to break. I was just told that I could buy another one and pay to have it shipped to Canada for a ridiculous price. It still hasn t been replaced and may never be…

- ThomasPittman

-- Mike

View Goodsh's profile

Goodsh

#6 posted 08-30-2015 07:06 PM

I have to agree. They’ve been great for me. One of the lockbars for my jointer/planer was stuck (screw was jammed and didn’t move). I had to cut off the screw off to get it out. They sent me three new ones in days. The fence has a very small bow in it and they offered to replace it. I haven’t bothered because it doesn’t affect getting square results.