Grizzly G0555LX - 14" Deluxe Bandsaw - Love it

Review by Kurt T. Kneller posted 08-14-2015 12:54 AM 5794 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G0555LX - 14" Deluxe Bandsaw - Love it No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this bandsaw this past spring. I also bought the riser block to obtain a 12” cutting capacity.
I really like this saw, it has plenty of power, runs smooth with no vibration. Fit an finish was on the mark and assembly was straight forward. I did have to add shims to the riser block, other than that is has been performing well for me. It has cut everything I have asked it to (and some I didn’t ….. 9 stiches right index finger) from mdf to plywood to oak and I am sure more varieties to come.
For the money I think it is a solid tool and it only took 3 days to arrive from the time of order to opening the boxes.
Good bandsaw!

-- Start with ten, end with ten.......

View Kurt T. Kneller's profile

Kurt T. Kneller

View EricLew's profile

EricLew

#1 posted 08-14-2015 04:49 AM

I completely agree Kurt. I bought the anniversary edition last Christmas and am also very happy with it. no complaints at all
Eric

-- I love the smell of coffee in the morning, and sawdust in the afternoon

View WoodNSawdust's profile

WoodNSawdust

#2 posted 08-14-2015 10:05 AM

Thanks or the review.

I have the larger 17” Grizzly and seem to be replacing one of the guide bearings per year. Have you had any problems with yours?

-- "I love it when a plan comes together" John "Hannibal" Smith

View Bob A in NJ's profile

Bob A in NJ

#3 posted 08-14-2015 05:51 PM

I have this one also and think its a very good saw, I tricked it out with carter guide bearings and made it even better.

Good lick with yours, its will serve you well.

-- Bob A in NJ

View crashn's profile

crashn

#4 posted 08-17-2015 01:39 PM

well, stitches are better than no finger! be safe

-- Crashn - the only thing I make more of than sawdust is mistakes

View jimbolyy's profile

jimbolyy

#5 posted 08-19-2015 11:12 AM

Hope to have money to buy it quickly…

-- Codes

View Kurt T. Kneller's profile

Kurt T. Kneller

#6 posted 08-19-2015 09:46 PM

When I ordered mine shipping was free, although I bought a jointer also. Get the “to house” delivery instead of the curb service. It was worth the $30 to have placed into my garage.

-- Start with ten, end with ten.......

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

#7 posted 08-21-2015 06:50 PM

I have the same saw and love it, been a trooper no matter what I’ve done. I cut three of my fingers when a blade broke – and slammed my hand down and broke all 3 as well as cut them. Still have the digits, so I was lucky.

Bob A in NJ do you have the part numbers for the Carter guides?

-- Mike

View Jim Finn's profile

Jim Finn

#8 posted 01-03-2016 06:59 PM

I have this saw also, since 2008 I have had to replace some of the guide bearings that I bought locally a bit cheaper than from Grizzly. I had to replace the bottom wheel shaft because I was over tensioning the blade I think. I use it mostly for re-sawing. Nice saw.

-- No PHD, but I have a GED and my DD 214