Improved splitter for my Saw

Review by marcb posted 2045 days ago 2676 views 5 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Improved splitter for my Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have an older saw with a horrible splitter. I’ve often gone without or used one of those cheap snap in plastic things for ZCI if I had to have one for serious ripping.

This all changed with a piece of knowledge, part number 1349941 from the Delta parts website.

This easily installs into Delta saws (even my old Rockwell) and someone made a website about installing it onto a jet.

The splitter is thick, so it is not for use with thin blades. A knurled nut makes it easy to remove and install the splitter, and it is held in place by a spring so there is nothing to lose when the saw is operated without the splitter during non thru cuts.

If you have an older saw with a weak splitter this is a very economical way to get a good splitter.

At approximately $40.00 (US dollars) it is about 1/4 the price of the BIESEMEYER snap in splitter. That seems like a lot of money for a Spring loaded pin vs a spring loaded knurled nut.

View marcb's profile

marcb

View lew's profile

lew

#1 posted 2045 days ago

Thanks for the review. My saw could benefit from one of these.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Woodchuck1957's profile

Woodchuck1957

#2 posted 2044 days ago

I agree, I think the Biesemeyer splitter is outrageously over priced for what it is.

View DannyBoy's profile

View BigStick's profile

BigStick

17 posts in 2050 days

#4 posted 2043 days ago

better to be safer then frugle. thanks for the part number

-- Tommy, Pa, www.bigstickmfg.com

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

I am going to get one of those for my Unisaw.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View marcb's profile

marcb

Good choice, my old saw has since passed into 2 different sets of hands and they’ve both commented on the splitter.