Sandflex rust removing sanding block

Review by RobS888 posted 07-13-2015 05:03 PM 2884 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Sandflex rust removing sanding block Sandflex rust removing sanding block Sandflex rust removing sanding block Click the pictures to enlarge them

I used the medium block on a pair of garden shears that rusted up after my garage flooded 5 years ago. I had no idea what to do with them until I got this sanding block.

I’ve used evaporust on some plane blades, but didn’t want to waste a jug on this. So they just hung there. I got the sanding block for a spot of rust on my drill press. It took 5 seconds to remove the rust so I went looking for something else to use the sanding block on.

The sanding block was a pleasure to use, works very fast, faster than any other product I have used. It slowly abrades as you can see in the 3rd picture. It was like using an eraser. It took less than 5 minutes to do the 3 sides!

-- I always suspected many gun nuts were afraid of something, just never thought popcorn was on the list.

View RobS888's profile

RobS888

2472 posts in 1928 days

View SirIrb's profile

SirIrb

#1 posted 07-13-2015 06:50 PM

Thanks. Going to Klingspor. If I cant find some rust to remove I will make some. Cant wait.

-- Don't blame me, I voted for no one.

View John's profile

John

#2 posted 07-13-2015 10:53 PM

I have the set of three grits. Great product, really easy to touch up my handplane collection.

-- I measured once, cut twice, and its still too short...

View waho6o9's profile

waho6o9

#3 posted 07-21-2015 01:28 AM

Great review and I too love their set of three grits!