General Internationl cyclone dust collector

Review by Steve posted 07-09-2015 05:08 AM 3996 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
General Internationl cyclone dust collector No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Used my cyclone dust collector today for the first time and does that sucker ever suck the shavings. I reduced the 6” dust outlet to 4” and had no issues at all except the noise, oh well it does say hearing protection required.

View Steve's profile

Steve

186 posts in 1909 days

View ChipByrd's profile

ChipByrd

#1 posted 07-09-2015 12:43 PM

Which model? Looked on their site and didn’t see it.

View dgage's profile

dgage

#2 posted 07-09-2015 01:56 PM

Looks like the 810CF based on looking at the specs on the site.

#3 posted 07-09-2015 04:27 PM

Is the motor noisy, or just the extra wind noise after reducing the inlet size?

View AandCstyle's profile

AandCstyle

#4 posted 07-09-2015 10:23 PM

Steve, it looks like a great machine. You have a few options regarding the noise: 1. make a muffler, build a noise reducing closet around it, move it outside your shop or learn to live with it. I have been living with the noise, but I am getting ready to move mine to a different room. Even with NRR 30 ear muffs, mine is still louder than I would like.

-- Art

View Steve's profile

Steve

186 posts in 1909 days

#5 posted 07-10-2015 01:30 AM

Sorry I guess I should have said which model it is. Model 10-810 2 stage dust collector – 3hp. I don’t mind the noise too much, I just use hearing protection, and putting it outside would not be a good thing when in the Winter we get down to -40C. with 6’ of snow or more.