General International 10" Helical head jointer.

Review by Steve posted 07-09-2015 04:51 AM 4358 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
General International 10" Helical head jointer. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Tried my jointer for the first time, everything good except one bolt and washer was loose holding the pulley onto the shaft driving the head. It actually fell out and after 5 minutes of looking where it came from, replaced it and continued jointing. The safety guard over the head has a spring on a shaft that should return the

guard after the wood has passed through, it did not really work so good so I preloaded the spring a little and sprayed a little WD-40 on the pin and everything worked fine. Seems to be a great machine and I am very happy with it.

View Steve's profile

Steve

186 posts in 1904 days

View Alan72's profile

Alan72

205 posts in 1936 days

#1 posted 07-09-2015 02:23 PM

Look how clean your shop is, I wish I could keep my so clean. You have some nice machines, I upgraded to a 8” jointer and I love it, but there are times I wish it was just a little bit bigger. I have a question for you, I noticed that alot the CA woodworkers use General int. Machines, and I was looking at that General Dual Drum sander you have in the back ground How do you like it?

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#2 posted 07-09-2015 08:15 PM

How well does the helical head work on knotholes, reversing grain, and other weird figure?

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

View Steve's profile

Steve

186 posts in 1904 days

#3 posted 07-10-2015 01:45 AM

This jointer is model #80-250 XHCM1 I just got this jointer a short time ago and the first time I used it was July 9th, and actually thats the first time I ever used a jointer. It seems to be a great machine everything basically set up right out of the crate., all I really had to set up was the fence. The Douglas Fir I milled up for table tops has quite a few knots in it, a mixture of both small and large. The head had no issues with them at all, and there is also some weird grain in the wood also,I had no tear out at all, really impressed.

As for my General International double drum sander Model # 15-250 I have not used it yet but will post a review as soon as I do.