Review by . posted 2025 days ago 7379 views 0 times favorited 31 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 3.0
6 reviews total
Add my Review

. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

View .'s profile

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

#1 posted 2025 days ago

surprising, thats the first story I heard of such faulty customer service from Grizzly. I was never a fan of their product but they seem to be affordable, and from people’s stories they seem to be of decent quality with good customer service….

sorry you had to go through that horrific drama – only makes you appreciate more the joy of the PM doesn’t it?

customer service/satisfaction is a great deal, and esp. with American companies I’m surprised sometimes that it is not put up high on the list.

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.

#2 posted 2025 days ago

I have to agree with PrupLev’s comment. There was a silver lining to this after all when you swapped the saw out for the Powermatic. I have been looking at Grizzley’s equipment since I really want to upgrade my saw this year. But the PM2000 is at the top of my list (actually it is #2 behind a Sawstop but I am not sure if the cost differential is worth it).

View Woodchuck1957's profile

Woodchuck1957

#3 posted 2025 days ago

I’ve allways been more proud to own Delta equipment, especially the older American made stuff, rather than Grizzly or Shop Fox. I did buy a used Grizzly edge sander and a DC and they seem to work ok, but I wouldn’t have bought them new, the shipping cost and the shipping hassle as the original poster pointed out pretty much kills the deal for me. If I buy a piece of equipment locally and there are problems, I can usually get it resolved the same day or the next.

View SCOTSMAN's profile

SCOTSMAN

#4 posted 2025 days ago

yes but is delta still in operation certainly as I said there seems to be no such company any more in the uk.The moral of this story is to juist keep things in writing with all of these things then and only then do you have comeback sorry about your sad story but you’ll be more wary next time Kindest Regards Alistair

-- excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

View DaveH's profile

DaveH

#5 posted 2025 days ago

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I’ve only had good experiences with Grizzly. I own the 1023SLX, 8” long bed jointer, 2hp dust collector, and a 14” band saw. I have no complaints, especially when I consider the savings over Powermatic, Delta, Saw Stop, etc. By the way, the new Grizzly saws come standard with riving knives and they are working on a retro fit for the existing cabinet saws.

-- DaveH - Boise, Idaho - “How hard can it be? It's only wood!”

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

#6 posted 2025 days ago

I also have a grizz left tilt saw, a 2HP cyclone dust collector and an 8” jointer and they are workhorses.

I agree that they should have been better at helping you. My experience with them has been the opposite though. I had a real hard time setting up the dust collector, and they helped me every step of the way. The only thing they didn’t do was take a plane to my town to hold my hand.

I also had a defective part and a missing part that they sent me UPS at their cost without a hesitation.

The problem with a warranty issue is that you really do need to get it resolved ASAP. If it were my saw, I never would have let up until it was right in the first place. We all can learn a lesson to be more diligent and push for service when we need it instead of putting it off until it is too late.

-- making sawdust....

View Shopsmithtom's profile

Shopsmithtom

#7 posted 2025 days ago

The sales department sells the first product, and the service department sells all subsequent products. Sorry to hear of your ordeal.
As to the sawstop…pricey, but how do you put a price on a finger that’s still on your hand vs one on the shop floor??? -SST

-- Accuracy is not in your power tool, it's in you

View juniorjock's profile

juniorjock

1930 posts in 2370 days

#8 posted 2025 days ago

(Edit) Why did you not get the problem resolved before the warranty was out ?
-JJ

View blackcherry's profile

blackcherry

#9 posted 2025 days ago

Thanks for sharing your customer relationship story with Grizzley, this review will weight in heavy if a upgrade in TS is in the future. I do hope your new saw delivers plenty of projects and no regrets. Thanks again for sharing Blkcherry

View .'s profile

#10 posted 2025 days ago

This is for Juniorjock – if you read my post, you’ll see that I called Grizzly several times before the warranty was out. As I stated, they didn’t see it as a hardware problem on their part. Rather, they saw it as a problem with the belt tension, or the blade (wobble, as I recall), or possibly something else.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I don’t believe that Grizzly is a lousy company. The support reps were very nice. The saw had its strengths. The main drawback is a one-year warranty, and that the customer service guys didn’t just send me a replacement arbor assembly in the first place. They were with me that there was a problem – that eventually led to a major failure – they just didn’t see it as their responsibility to rectify.

I learned a long time ago of a study conducted by IBM that resulted in the finding that customers are more likely to be repeat customers if they have problems that are responded to favorably. Even more than customers that have no problems! Seems counterintuitive, but it makes sense when you consider that a relationship is formed, and conclusions are reached when you ask for help.

I asked for help – repeatedly. I was told that it wasn’t a hardware issue on Grizzly’s part. I gave up. I asked again after it was out of warranty only to be told the same thing, and that they’d be happy to listen/advise only. It was about 23 months in that the saw completely failed. Lesson learned.

View juniorjock's profile

juniorjock

1930 posts in 2370 days

#11 posted 2025 days ago

I understand what you’re saying. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but everyone knows that could happen any time we order something from a company. I’m sure there’s not a supplier out there that has a spotless record. I’m sure you did everything you could. Did you consider just sending it back to Grizzly?

View USCJeff's profile

USCJeff

#12 posted 2024 days ago

Hadn’t had a problem with this saw. Been using it on weekends for a couple years. Gets the job done in my shop.

-- Jeff, South Carolina

View trifern's profile

trifern

#13 posted 2024 days ago

Thanks for the review. I have a Grizzly lathe that is constantly down and in need of new belts and parts. My warranty runs out in March. I have begun saving my money for a different lathe. Their customer service is always nice, but that does not improve my inferior tool.

-- My favorite piece is my last one, my best piece is my next one.

View DannyBoy's profile

DannyBoy

#14 posted 2024 days ago

Bad to hear a bad situation with a customer service. One has to wonder if they realize that one bad review can change the spending habits of a lot of “Lumberjocks”.

It does show a lesson to us all that warranties are not infinite and to get satisfaction from the machine we need to make sure we do everything we can to get it right in the allotted time. Still, I would hope a defective part replacement would be honored by the company. Had the bearing broken on day 366 and the blade come loose and injured you, they would have still been liable for damages…

~DB

-- He said wood...http://hickbyassociation.blogspot.com/

View wiswood2's profile

wiswood2

#15 posted 2024 days ago

I OWN 12 GRIZZLTY MAJOR TOOLS ,SOME ARE 12 YEARS OLD THE ONLY ONE i HAD TROBLE WITH WAS ONE OF THE 2 DRILL PRESSES . i WAS BAD FROM THE START. i CALLED THEM THEY SENT ME A NEW PART AND SAID THROW AWAY THE BROKEN ONE.I HAVE A DELTA JOINTER THAT HAS BEEN IN THE REPAIR SHOP 6 TIMES IN THE FIRST YEAR i HAD IT.BUT THEY FIXED IT AT NO COST BUT THE SHIPPING . BUT THAT ADDED UP TO THE COST OF A NEW ONE. AND THEY WOULD NEVER TELL ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT.i GET VERY GOOD SERVICE WHEN ORDERING MAINTANCE PARTS LIKE PLANER BLADESAND SANDING DISKS. i AM VER HAPPY WITH MY GRIZZLY TOOLS gOOD LUCK

-- Chuck, wiswood2 www.wisconsinwoodchuck.com