Handy to have

Review by EdsCustomWoodCrafts posted 06-25-2015 12:19 AM 3371 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Handy to have No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Although I think a lot of Kregs products are exspensive they are extremely well made and they are made for the beginner in mind.

I purchased this jig because I wanted to put shelf pin holes in an existing cabinet and it worked awesome, I especially like the simplicity of the jig.

The Shelf Pin Jig also includes a dual-position, adjustable fence for custom hole placement, a locating pin for quick and accurate spacing reference, a jig extender that lets you connect multiple Shelf Pin Jigs together for high-speed production work, and an ultra-sharp 5mm brad-point bit with depth collar that can be stored on the bottomside of the Shelf Pin Jig when not in use.

I know that you could probably make a shop made jig but I’m not good at conceptual design when it comes to jigs and I want them to last, somebody probably already has made there own jig for this but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

I have used it on custom made shelving unit and it worked out awesome… I especially like the jig has compartments on the underside of the jig to hold some of its components like the drill bit and spacer..

-- Thanks Ed “A bad day woodworking is better than a good day working. ~Author unknown”

View EdsCustomWoodCrafts's profile

View jshroyer's profile

#1 posted 06-25-2015 11:41 AM

I got the same one and its great!

View WoodNSawdust's profile

#2 posted 06-25-2015 11:58 AM

Thanks for the review. I will keep the Kreg in mind.

-- "I love it when a plan comes together" John "Hannibal" Smith

View paxorion's profile

1107 posts in 1975 days

#3 posted 06-25-2015 03:13 PM

I finally got to use mine a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. It works well with their face clamps.

-- paxorion

View NiteWalker's profile

#4 posted 06-30-2015 11:57 AM

I have the same jig and bought the other bit so I have both sizes. It’s great. I love how compact it is.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.