Ridgid TS2400LS table saw I can't do without.

Review by scrollworkman posted 2054 days ago 9986 views 0 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid  TS2400LS table saw I can't do without. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have owned my Ridgid portable for two and half years and now the brushes need replacing. This will be a two week wait for the parts to come in. I will borrow my Dad’s 60 year old Sears table saw while I wait.A life time warranty does not make up for quality.I don’t recall my father’s saw needing repair and if it did the parts were readily available. I love the portability and performance of the Ridgid TS2400LS but I would prefer a two for one deal over a life time warranty . There too much down time between repairs.The dust problem shouldn’t be an issue. All table saws should be unpluged and cleaned each day for safety reasons.

#1 posted 2054 days ago

I guess I better start cleaning out the dust that isn’t there at the end of the day in my Delta Contractor’s tablesaw.

View Zuki's profile

Zuki

#2 posted 2054 days ago

My TS2400LS has been a great machine for almost 3 years.

I see yours is blue with 4 wheels . . . mine was orange and had two wheels. yours looks much nicer. :-)

-- BLOG - http://www.colorfulcanary.com/search/label/Zuki

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

#3 posted 2054 days ago

My jointer bed is bigger then that car .

#4 posted 2054 days ago

The car can transport the Ridgid TS 2400 LS and average 45 mpg . That was the reason for posting the photo of our tool hauler.

View HallTree's profile

HallTree

#5 posted 2054 days ago

I just looked at a photo of the TS 2400. That looks like a very Smart tool hauler but I do not see how the TS 2400 can fit inside

-- "Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life" Solomon

#6 posted 2053 days ago

The stand has to be removed and placed in the passenger seat and the saw lays in the luggage area with room to spare.

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

2098 posts in 2360 days

#7 posted 2053 days ago

Its amazingwhat can be fit in a car. Amateur woodworking doesn’t have to requirea pickup truck. I can fit a decent sized stack of 9 ft boards in my civic. If I’m willing to cut a plywood sheet, I think I could fit 2×8 ft sheets.

On a side note, I’ve got the same saw and it was a huge step up from my craftsman contractors saw ($150 new). Someday I’ll have a nice 5 hp model, but for the next 30 years, I’ll just keep dreaming.

#8 posted 2052 days ago

Hokie, you bought a Craftsman Contractor’s saw for $150 new ? Are you sure thats what it is ? and not a benchtop saw ? I can’t believe how many people say they have a Contractors saw when they have a benchtop saw or a jobsite saw, it absolutely amazes me.

View 8iowa's profile

8iowa

#9 posted 2052 days ago

Woodchuck:

Is it the car or the saw that needs new brushes? Jus kiddin.

Seriously, I think one is ahead of the game by purchasing stationary power tools powered with induction type electric motors.

-- "Heaven is North of the Bridge"

View HokieMojo's profile

HokieMojo

2098 posts in 2360 days

#10 posted 2052 days ago

Woodchuck,
I think you’ve got me. I think I have a benchtop. I was under the impression anything that is not a cabinet saw was a contractor saw (mobile stand meant to be hauled to different locations). Thanks for the correction. I guess both my saws fall under the benchtop model, but the ridgid is WAY nicer.

#11 posted 2052 days ago

Hokie, I think the RIDGID TS 2400 LS a portable Jobsite saw. Your old saw, the Craftsman, was probably a Benchtop. I know it might all get a bit confusing because before the DeWalt and Bosch portable jobsite saws came out, Contractor’s saws were used alot on jobsites. But there are some pretty big differences between a Jobsite saw and a Contractor’s saw. And to confuse us even more, Rockwell in their early years use to make a Builders saws, which is now what is known today as a Contractor’s saw. So now we go from Benchtop saw, to Jobsite saw, to Contractor’s saw, to Hybrid saw ( which there are several variations of ), an then to Cabinet saw.

View spaids's profile

spaids

#12 posted 2051 days ago

is that a picture of the replacement motor ridgid sent you?

-- Wipe the blood stains from your blade before coming in.--

View Chuck B's profile

Chuck B

12 posts in 2042 days

#13 posted 2041 days ago

I also have the Rigid TS 2400 the orange one. I like it but I do have a problem with it burning the wood & also I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t have a splitter.

Chuck

-- Chuck, Mostly a woodturner

View NeoDon's profile

NeoDon

49 posts in 2038 days

#14 posted 2037 days ago

I also have the Rigid TS 2400 LS , so far so good , only had it for about 4 months now.
So time will tell. Mine is the orange flavor. Yum, plus with Vitamin C.

View mnguy's profile

mnguy

161 posts in 2030 days

#15 posted 2001 days ago

To 8Iowa’s point, one of the advantages of heavier, stationary equipment is induction vs. universal motors. Heavy, quiet, long-lasting, no brushes. Of course, the motor on my Jet contractor saw weighs almost as much as my entire Craftsman job-site saw, so it’s a tradeoff.

Maybe your Ridigid’s wore out after not a lot of use, but brushes wear out on every universal motor. One issue with Ridgid seems to be lack of inventory on replacement parts in general. I have their 4330 planer, and it’s a nightmare finding replacement blades. The Ridgid site is alway out of stock, and they’re going for 1.5 – 2 times retail on Ebay.