Chose G0715P over G0771

Review by SoCalnewsaw posted 06-12-2015 10:29 PM 5811 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Chose G0715P over G0771 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just received new G0715p. Lift gate delivery worth the $35 extra. I assembled on my own. Had to tip cabinet 45 degrees and support to remove pallet bolts. With bolts removed, lifted pallet way and tipped cabinet back up.

Rating 4star until I get a chance to work more with the saw.

Next step was to slide the shopfox base under the cabinet. Used long wrecking bar to lift cabinet edge and slip wood block to support. This left enough clearance to slide the base underneath in two pieces. Once in place, used wreaking bar to lift cabinet and remove wood blocks. All set mobile.

Originally, I was going for the G0771. However, with recent pricing incentives and the better fence, I went PolarBear. Looking at the table mounted trunions, I do not see a big downside compared to the G0771 configuration. Assembly went as expected and I only had to align the 90/45 degree stops. Blade and fence dead on with no adjustment.

Rewired to 110V, with the correct circuit breaker from Grizzly. cut-off 220 plug and installed normal 110V grounded plug. Jumper change in motor terminal block very easy per instructions. I used my dedicated 20 amp garage door circuit and a 12 gauge extension cord to the saw. Ran some test rip and cross cut on 2” maple. Smooth, no lights dimming. Blade guard swaps easily with riving knife

HINT: Cut the inside flanges off the packing panel from the cabinet packaging and you have a nice thick table top cover for the saw that drops perfectly around the fence tracks.

looking forward to first projects in a few weeks.

View SoCalnewsaw's profile

SoCalnewsaw

View David Taylor's profile

David Taylor

#1 posted 06-12-2015 11:54 PM

Thanks, I am looking to get a 715P myself, hopefully before year end, nice to hear of your experience with it.

-- Learn Relentlessly

View RustyHacksaw's profile

RustyHacksaw

#2 posted 06-13-2015 01:58 AM

That saw looks great. Thanks for the review. Report back after a few projects and let us know your thoughts.

View paxorion's profile

paxorion

#3 posted 06-14-2015 05:05 AM

I think many (including myself) will be curious to hear about any blade shift issues.

-- paxorion

#4 posted 06-14-2015 06:29 PM

Congrats – I hear they are good equipment

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View Chaplainrandy's profile

Chaplainrandy

#5 posted 06-19-2015 01:54 AM

Thank you for this review. I have one on the way, although, wont be here to late july. I am going to rewire for the 110, and I might have a couple questions.
thanks again

-- Randy

View Chubbz's profile

Chubbz

#6 posted 08-05-2015 12:54 AM

Just checking to see what the verdict was for the G0715P leaning towards buying one myself, but the blade alignment issue has me nervous. Your input is much appreciated !