Grizzly Band Saw G0513x2

Review by Hawkster posted 01-04-2009 03:44 AM 4295 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly Band Saw G0513x2 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just purchased the go513×2, picked it up myself at the Muncy store as I only live an hour away, be prepared as it comes almost fully assembled, bring a lot of rope, the guys in the loading dock very helpful, as they laid it down on it’s spleen for me.

Also purchased the shop fox mobile base, and listened to a few friends, and purchased the timberwolf blades.
I have owned a lot of band saws, as I do a lot of re-sawing, but I have to admit, this one put a smile on my face. Cutting 1/8” vaneers is like a hot knife through butter with the timberwolf 3/4” 3 tooth blade. I’ll be putting it throughy the paces over the next few weeks so I’ll let you know.

View Hawkster's profile

Hawkster

View JS333's profile

JS333

#1 posted 01-07-2009 11:43 PM

Grizzly makes great tools. I recently got the G0555 14” model and I have been very impressed with it. I have done some resawing with good results. Your bigger saw should be able to handle just about any project you take on. Good luck with it.

-- Jerry, Iowa

View Padre's profile

Padre

#2 posted 01-09-2009 12:43 AM

Hawkster,
I just got the exact same saw. It is unbelievable. Like you said, veneers are a breeze.

-- Chip -----------http://www.penmanchip.com-----------------Micah 6:8

View mmh's profile

mmh

#3 posted 03-28-2009 03:59 AM

What’s the latest on your Grizzly bandsaw? Has it lived up to your expectations?

-- "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

View pauldeo's profile

pauldeo

18 posts in 2015 days

#4 posted 05-05-2009 05:26 AM

I have this saw being delivered before the end of the week. I will post a review once it is setup and running. I took the advice i found here on LJ and already ordered a WoodSlicer blade for it.

#5 posted 05-05-2009 06:27 AM

I wish I had bougth a grizzly instead of a the over piced Laguna 16Hd

View stp's profile

stp

#6 posted 02-05-2010 05:47 AM

I’m considering buying this saw. How painful is changing the blade?

View pauldeo's profile

pauldeo

18 posts in 2015 days

#7 posted 02-05-2010 06:32 AM

Whether it is just a simple blade swap, or changing blades and retuning the saw, I have found both to be very easy. I previously had an old Craftsman 12” and changing blades and tuning on that SUCKED. I can swap out a blade with no tuning in about a minute or so. If it involves retuning the saw, such as resetting the table/fence to match the actual blade cut, adjusting all the rollers, etc. it’s less than 10 minutes.

And, I swear by the Woodslicer blades from Highland Woodworking. My partner in the shop has a Powermatic 12” bandsaw, and has a carbide blade for it, and while it might last longer, it costs 5 times as much and doesn’t cut any better….and also takes 4 times as wide a kerf.

Also, he has had about 4 parts break on the power matic so far and he has considerably less hours on his machine.

The grizzly is an awesome machine.