|Review by Padre||posted 1930 days ago||9304 views||1 time favorited||11 comments|
- SawStop 10-Inch Contractors Saw with 50" rails and 30" outfeed table
- Brand: SawStop | Category: Tablesaws
My saw arrived last week and my sons had to go pick it up at WoodCraft for me since I had shoulder surgery last Tuesday.
Well, I felt good enough yesterday to start assembling my new SawStop Contractors table saw. The first thing I noticed is that it was boxed, packed and labeled very clearly. Each box had what was inside clearly printed on the outside so there was no guessing, no “eenie-meenie-miney-mo” type activity.
10” contractor saw
cast iron side extenions
30” outfeed table
1. Each part is labeled clearly.
2. Each part has its own color coded package of assembly parts and tools. I had to supply the wrenches and muscle power.
3. Each part went together without struggle, without modification.
4. Not one sharp edge to cut your arm/finger on!
5. All parts were present and accounted for, and there were even (gasp!!) extra bolts, washers and other miscellaneous connectors.
6. Total assembly time took 5 hours. Most of the time I had my 17 year old adopted son helping me.
All in all this saw went together very easily. All parts are high quality with no sharp edges to cut. The paint/powder coating is thick and tough. At one point I had to turn the stand upside down on my concrete floor, and it came away without a scratch.
The saw comes complete, you are ready to saw as soon as you finish assembly.
I give this saw 5 stars for quality
I give this saw 5 stars for ease of assembly
I give this saw 4.9 stars for instructions; only one error calling for a 13mm wrench when it should have been a 12mm.
-- Chip -----------http://www.penmanchip.com-----------------Micah 6:8