Worth Every Penny

Review by Tomcat1066 posted 12-31-2008 01:27 AM 2496 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Worth Every Penny No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I gotta have my music. In fact, for some reason I concentrate better when I have music going than when I don’t. However, with the scream of power tools, it can get lost. Not only that, but something has to help pass the time when sanding!

Well, the Work Tune does the job just fine. I picked this one up for $50 from Lowe’s with some Christmas money, and I’m thrilled with it.

First the hearing protection: It works great. I can hear the scream of the machines, but not so much as to cause anything approaching hearing damage. Basically, you can hear that it’s on and running fine, and that’s about it. Frankly, that’s all that I ask for.

Now, the radio. Again, it works great. It picks up every radio station I can pick up in my car, and they come in clear as a bell. It has a memory feature that lets me program my favorite stations in to scan…just in case one decides to have a talk radio marathon or something!

Here’s the kicker though…they’re pretty darn comfortable as well. I can wear them constantly, even if I don’t have the machines going, because I’m not waiting for an excuse to take them off or leave them off. Because they’re comfortable, folks are more likely to put them on, and that’s a big thing on a piece of safety equipment, I’m sure we can all agree.

All in all, I’m very pleased with this piece of equipment. My hearing is important to me, and I love my music. Now, I can have both!

-- "Give me your poor tools, your tired steel, your huddled masses of rust." Yep, I ripped off the Statue of Liberty. That's how I roll!

View Tomcat1066's profile

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View Dwain's profile

Dwain

#2 posted 01-02-2009 08:54 PM

Thanks for the review. I bought these at Lowes as well. Must have been six months ago. I agree with you on all counts, comfortable, good radio, and I am VERY happy with the purchase as well.

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

View mnorusis's profile

mnorusis

#3 posted 02-01-2010 09:14 PM

I bought these 3 days ago from HD and I agree completely with this review. I would give it 5 stars as well.

I mainly use the cord that came with it to listen to music from my iphone (it’s just a regular headphone jack so it’s compatible with anything that you use headphones for).

In the winter I work in the garage with the door down, and since my sheap ear plugs either don’t fit or don’t do a good job (not sure which) I never used them and my planer (dewalt 12.5”) is just way too loud to use w/o ear protection.

These headphones make the noise more than just bareable and they are definitely comfortable. I’ve learned to keep them inside during the winter…man do they get cold when you leave them outside.

#4 posted 02-02-2010 06:25 AM