Always something.

Review by Routerisstillmyname posted 12-28-2008 03:07 AM 2321 views 1 time favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Always something. Always something. No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, it is dead on 100% accurate measured against my super square inside and out. I would give it 5 stars but falls way short in the locking department.
Good for saw blades, magnet all around, (like it’s little square brother) and nice thick blades. good visible LCD, stable reading and location(not covered by blade). But have to be very careful when using it for what it was designed for that is measuring wall angles due to incredibly lousy locking mechanism.
Get one if it’s on super sale.

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#1 posted 12-28-2008 03:41 AM

i have one of these two and i love it. can’t live without one now that i have one.

#2 posted 12-28-2008 07:41 AM

How does it lock in place ?

View Frostyjo's profile

Frostyjo

#3 posted 12-28-2008 04:40 PM

Funny enough, Rockler sent me an email this morning and it is on sale, for $35. Hey Router, great timing, are you on the payroll? I read a few of the reviews at Rockler and they echo Router’s statements above. Here’s the link if anyone is interested.

-- If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

#4 posted 12-28-2008 07:51 PM

How does it lock in place ?

With a very badly designed cam lock that doesn’t lock completely and you need a flat head screw to push it as far as it will go..

you on the payroll?

No, I’m the worse customer they have ;-)

#5 posted 12-28-2008 08:36 PM

Thank you for the feedback and the links : )

#6 posted 12-29-2008 01:27 AM

I got Rocklers e-mail also Thought I’d, get one because it’s also free shipping.

#7 posted 01-08-2009 07:05 AM

fatigue due to long term use ??? ROFL
Now I’ve heard it all ;-)

read #3

View dlux's profile

dlux

54 posts in 2084 days

#9 posted 02-03-2009 02:18 AM

Rockler has this on sale again, but the in-store price has dropped to $30 until 2-27-2009. (No, I don’t work for Rockler but I spent my lunch break drooling over stuff that I can’t afford :)