Wonderful Customer Service Experience

Review by Lenny posted 05-15-2015 09:25 PM 2714 views 0 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Wonderful Customer Service Experience No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is just to share a positive customer service experience. I know these days good customer service is often hit or miss. That said, I purchased the shop stool pictured above, over 2 years ago. Recently, while reaching down to pick something up, while still seated, I caused the seat to crack. The chair is rated for about 330 lbs. and while I am well below that weight, I was putting a lot of stress on an edge of the seat as I reached down.

I called Woodcraft with the intention of simply asking if they could do anything for me (nothing ventured, nothing gained) and, if not, do they have a source where I might get a replacement seat. I was transferred to the tech department and came clean with the fellow, explaining when I made the purchase, that it was an in-store purchase and exactly what happened. In short, he said he had a spare seat and would ship it to me. Done deal!

I have been doing business with Woodcraft both in-store and online for years and have been fortunate to never have a bad experience.

-- On the eighth day God was back in His woodworking shop! Lenny, East Providence, RI

View JoeinGa's profile

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

#2 posted 05-15-2015 10:33 PM

Great company. They are wonderful to do business with both on line and at the Walpole MA store.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View Woodenwizard's profile

Woodenwizard

#3 posted 05-15-2015 11:21 PM

How could they resist a face like yours? Oh wait, you were on the phone…..A voice like yours. LOL
I do some business with them here in Colorado so it is Good to hear.

-- John, Colorado's (Wooden Wizard)

View Roger's profile

20928 posts in 2804 days

#4 posted 05-16-2015 01:14 PM

It’s always nice to hear good things and good folks are out there. Thnx Lenny

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

7387 posts in 2043 days

#5 posted 05-16-2015 01:58 PM

I deal with Woodcraft quite often and they are great when it comes to a problem. Good to see they are the same elsewhere.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

View grizzman's profile

grizzman

#6 posted 05-16-2015 04:26 PM

im so glad that you had a really good experience with them, i go to the store in pellham which is close to birmingham and i have always had a good time there….great guys

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

View soob's profile

soob

#7 posted 05-17-2015 02:53 AM

I have only ever called them once, and I had to wait literally more than 20 minutes on hold before I could talk to someone. Glad to hear you had a better experience.

View Tom's profile

Tom

5 posts in 1999 days

#8 posted 05-17-2015 03:48 AM

Love working with my Woodcraft store. They’re about an hour away, but worth the drive. They have even gone out of the way to recommend sources for some things that are closer to me. That’s customer service -and why I will keep going back to them.

-- No matter where you go, there you are...

View woodenwarrior's profile

woodenwarrior

#9 posted 05-17-2015 12:20 PM

I too have had great experiences with WoodCraft’s customer service ( one of the reasons I keep going back). When I returned home from Afghanistan a couple of years ago, I missed out on a great sale because I was in-transit back home. I was looking to make a large order with some of my deployment savings and the customer service rep was able to backdate the order so that I could take advantage of the discount due to my situation. On another occasion, my wife ordered me a fine honing stone set for Christmas. One of the stones arrived snapped in half. Customer service had a new one on the way that day, in time for Christmas with nary a question asked. Excellent customer service is something that cannot be overstated. Many businesses would do well to follow that mantra.

-- Do or do not...there is no try - Master Yoda

View Grumpymike's profile

Grumpymike

#10 posted 05-17-2015 08:40 PM

I just love it when we hear of good customer service and care from the dealers that we work with.

There are so many businesses that have the “I got your money, so screw you” attitude. I think of the poor response to a defective switch that Peachtree refused to replace with out additional expense. I just made some purchases on line but it was not from Peachtree.

Thanks for the post, we need to patronize these good merchants.

-- Grumpy old guy, and lookin' good Doin' it. ... Surprise Az.

View woodenwarrior's profile

woodenwarrior

#11 posted 05-18-2015 01:24 AM

Absolutely agree Grumpymike, I am willing to pay a higher price if the product is superior and the customer service is top notch.

-- Do or do not...there is no try - Master Yoda

#12 posted 05-18-2015 10:48 AM

Thank you for the comments everyone.

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#13 posted 05-18-2015 01:49 PM

Funny for me to read this as I’ve had a draftsman’s stool in my shop for a couple years and just broke the seat in exactly the same way. Very easy to do.

-- It’s the knowledge in your head, skill in your hands and motivation to create in you heart that makes you a woodworker. - Mainiac Matt

View Rob's profile

Rob

#14 posted 05-18-2015 06:57 PM

Whenever I see a “good customer service” thread I cringe because so many of those threads on here are about how a company delivered a broken product that they themselves manufactured or private labeled, and eventually they got it fixed but it took 5 tries.

I’m glad to hear that in this case, Woodcraft stood behind a product they sold, even though they might not have been obligated to ship a replacement part.

-- Ask an expert or be the expert - http://woodworking.stackexchange.com

#15 posted 05-18-2015 08:24 PM

Matt, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one this happened to. Excellent point Rob.