Wonderful Jig

Review by EdsCustomWoodCrafts posted 05-08-2015 01:25 AM 3600 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 5.0
1 review total
Add my Review

Wonderful Jig Wonderful Jig Wonderful Jig Click the pictures to enlarge them

My first experience with Kreg was when I purchased the small R3 jig and I have to say I enjoyed it and it worked simply and efficiently so I decided to upgrade my model and purchased the K4…. It was a bigger cost jump and to be honest I think it’s over priced BUT after building a cedar deck cooler with it ….. It was worth every penny.

I built a version of the Kreg storage box that they have plans to on there website and secured the jig to it and it works a treat….

If you do a lot of joinery and are beginning out in woodworking this is a must have system…it simple,quick ,strong and very effective…and of course if you can afford the $100 price tag I would get it…

I added a few pics of the drawer I built just to show you how to mount it, if you wanted..it’s handy for working on wider boards

In order to appease everyone’s need for information I’ll add to this review in order to satisfy the need for information on this jig….

For those of you that do not know what this jig does it quickly make pocket holes with its custom made stepped bit….

The jig itself is custom made to hold wood up to 1 1/2” thick..

I like the jig because it’s extremely easy to use , from the quick adjustment of the stepped but to suit the wood dimensions to the fact that I don’t need to reposition the jig everyone I need to make a pocket hole

-- Thanks Ed “A bad day woodworking is better than a good day working. ~Author unknown”

View Hazem's profile

Hazem

#1 posted 05-08-2015 02:09 AM

I just bought one. Looking forward to using it. Thanks for the post.

#2 posted 05-08-2015 12:20 PM

You do not tell us what the jig does
Which kind of jig is it?
Why do like it?
How does it make your work better and easier?
How much did you pay for it?
From your review I learn nothing about the jig and it does not give me the desire to buy this jig.
Sorry if you think that I am too hard on you but review needs to inform, your does not.

#3 posted 05-08-2015 03:23 PM

You do not tell us what the jig does
Which kind of jig is it?
Why do like it?
How does it make your work better and easier?
How much did you pay for it?

- b2rtch

I am sorry you feel that way.. But do you really need to make a production of it…usually if I find a review unhelpful j move on to the next… I didn’t realize there were standards off reviews … Take care

#4 posted 05-08-2015 03:42 PM

“I didn’t realize there were standards off reviews”
In fact there is kind of standard for reviews.

#5 posted 05-08-2015 04:57 PM

Good review, nice box- and yes to Pocket screws as fasteners. Jay’s http://jayscustomcreations.com/ has some videos you may want to check out.

#6 posted 05-08-2015 05:07 PM

as for a professional review standard may I suggest the attached link.
God made us all differently yet the same…

#7 posted 05-08-2015 05:52 PM

as for a professional review standard may I suggest the attached link.
God made us all differently yet the same…

- Desert_Woodworker

That’s very true

View Picklehead's profile

Picklehead

1043 posts in 2071 days

#8 posted 05-09-2015 01:01 AM

2r=i?

-- You've got to be smarter than the tree.

#9 posted 05-09-2015 01:10 AM

Pickle- the answer:
and as for how I outsmarted the trees- I work with them that is why I use the Kreg pockethole jig and make the case to hold them- this review is about a good product and PRIDE!
ps is the r or the i the dependant varible?

View Picklehead's profile

Picklehead

1043 posts in 2071 days

#10 posted 05-09-2015 04:59 AM

DW, B is the variable.

Love my pocket hole jiggermebobbers. Not fortunate enough to have the 4 or 5 yet, but I appreciate what they allow me to do quickly.

-- You've got to be smarter than the tree.

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

32083 posts in 3008 days

#11 posted 05-09-2015 12:33 PM

Thanks for the post. Maybe it’s time to upgrade my old Kreg.

helluvawreck aka Charles

-- helluvawreck aka Charles, http://woodworkingexpo.wordpress.com

View Lee's profile

Lee

#12 posted 05-19-2015 12:34 PM

Have the K4 also! One of my favorite tools in the shop!!

-- Lee