Crick Levels, Up For Review

Review by woodshopmike posted 04-17-2015 06:30 PM 4035 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Crick Levels, Up For Review Crick Levels, Up For Review No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently reviewed a few levels made by Crick and I’ve got to say I’m rather impressed. The full review of these levels is on my blog: Crick Levels, Up For Review.

Here are the highlights though

• All wood body
  • Stainless steel binding & end caps
  • Accurate to .015” over length of level (that’s ~ .02° for a 40” level!)
  • Curved sight tubes, these move slower than straight tubes which makes them easier to read

I know it’s short and sweet, but in my opinion these levels are pretty solid tools and there’s not much that needs to be said. Check em’ out.

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#1 posted 04-17-2015 08:26 PM

You forgot to mention that they look really nice :^)

-- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

#2 posted 04-17-2015 08:40 PM

oh, of course! Yes these levels really are a work of art.

View Picklehead's profile

Picklehead

1043 posts in 2009 days

#3 posted 04-17-2015 09:51 PM

Oh, I thought you meant the crick levels were up. They sure are around my house with all the snowmelt.

-- You've got to be smarter than the tree.

View devann's profile

devann

#4 posted 04-18-2015 04:51 AM

They are some nice looking levels. Appear to be well made. Curved vials are nice, but I prefer some color in them. Clear vials can be hard to see in low light situations. A piece of white paper held behind the level can remedy the problem when it arises. I know the manufacturer guaranteed their accuracy has they all do, but did you check them for accuracy yourself?

-- Darrell, making more sawdust than I know what to do with

#5 posted 04-20-2015 01:33 PM

They do actually over the green vials for low light situations. The cutout area were the vials are inserted is actually painted white, not sure if it really came through in the photos.

I did not check the level for accuracy in any scientific way. I did obviously use the level around the house and while working on a door, but as far as measuring the accuracy no.

View Rockbuster's profile

Rockbuster

#6 posted 05-18-2015 02:23 AM

I am a retired bricklayer with 50 yrs experience, these and Smith Levels are preferred by most Masons. The Crick that I bought over 20 years ago is still in top shape.

-- Rockbuster,Ft. Wayne,In It is far better to remain silent, and appear the fool, than it is to open ones mouth, and remove all doubt.