Elbow Grease

Review by Blake posted 12-10-2008 07:56 PM 1999 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Elbow Grease Elbow Grease No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have used a lot of this stuff so I thought I would write a review.

Its good for just about everything. I have used it at work, at home, and even in my shop. I try to keep it with me at all times in case I need it.

It is especially useful for big jobs like waxing your car, installing a new roof, or chopping firewood. Its great for cleaning the entire home, and I even used it when I hung my Christmas lights last weekend. In fact there is no job, big or small, that Elbow Grease can’t handle. It is even delicate enough to handle small detailed jobs like removing grout from between your tile.

The only reason I had to give it 4 out of 5 stars is that it aways takes a LOT of work to use this stuff, but it gets the job done every time.

-- Happy woodworking! http://www.openarmsphotography.com

View Blake's profile

Blake

View lew's profile

lew

#1 posted 12-10-2008 08:27 PM

Is this in the Whachamacallit isle at Lowes?

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Dadoo's profile

Dadoo

#2 posted 12-10-2008 08:39 PM

Good one Blake!

-- Bob Vila would be so proud of you!

View SPalm's profile

SPalm

#3 posted 12-10-2008 09:00 PM

I have used to grease the Mental Floss I use on my children. Works Great. From ear to ear.

-- -- I'm no rocket surgeon

View Kindlingmaker's profile

Kindlingmaker

#4 posted 12-10-2008 09:19 PM

I’m allergic to it myself!

-- Never board, always knotty, lots of growth rings

#5 posted 12-11-2008 01:48 AM

Is this the light or heavy duty stuff.

View Dominic Vanacora's profile

Dominic Vanacora

#6 posted 12-11-2008 04:32 AM

I have the same brand in my tool box and you’re right this is great stuff. I would have given it a 5 star rating. I have been teaching my son how to use it. He’s a IT guy and does not use much of this at work but when he get home he has to use it….like it or not. I should have given my own review but sometime you take things for granted.
thanks for taking the time to open my eyes.

-- Dominic, Trinity, Florida...Lets be safe out there.

View DRdeveloper's profile

DRdeveloper

#7 posted 12-11-2008 05:22 AM

I often find that when I run out of my own, it’s a good idea to buy some from a reliable source. However, invariably, I always have to buy two to match the strength of my own stuff. I don’t know why…

-- Mark, Dominican Republic

View scottb's profile

scottb

#8 posted 12-11-2008 04:24 PM

I too use this frequently… just wish I could find a “left handed” formula.

-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- http://blanchardcreative.etsy.com -- http://snbcreative.wordpress.com/

View dennis mitchell's profile

dennis mitchell

#9 posted 12-11-2008 04:56 PM

I had an old can from my Granddad. Now that guy could spread some grease. Kinda puts me to shame. This modern formula just isn’t the same after the EPA got done with it.

View Tony's profile

Tony

#10 posted 12-11-2008 09:57 PM

I stopped using that stuff years ago, where can I buy some more – is it FDA approved?

-- Tony - All things are possible, just some things are more difficult than others! - SKYPE: Heron2005 (http://www.poydatjatuolit.fi)

View Steelmum's profile

Steelmum

#11 posted 12-12-2008 03:50 PM

I do try to avoid that stuff. I think it would be a good Christmas gift for my husband though. When I don’t want to use it, I ‘ask’ him to.

-- Berta in NC

View Todd A. Clippinger's profile

Todd A. Clippinger

#12 posted 12-13-2008 10:24 PM

I found an old tin of this at a garage sale. It was about 1/2 full. The old lady said that her husband swore by it, but I found it to take a lot of energy.

It works on just about anything though – just like you said.

-- Todd A. Clippinger, Montana, http://americancraftsmanworkshop.com

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

#13 posted 12-13-2008 10:28 PM

I got the economy sized can. It’s very useful stuff.

View Napaman's profile