A

Review by Woodchuck1957 posted 12-03-2008 09:55 PM 2203 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

A

View ChesapeakeBob's profile

ChesapeakeBob

#1 posted 12-03-2008 10:12 PM

Nice looking restoration of an old saw! I am sure you will put it to work!

CB

-- Chesapeake Bob, Southern Maryland

#2 posted 12-03-2008 10:47 PM

Thankyou CB, actually this saw probably won’t get used alot, but it will get used some. I have it in a small shop in the basement that I mostly use in the winter. I have the 10” version of this saw out in the main shop ( double stall garage ). But I did use the small saw to cut the 1 1/4” thick table board and it went through it like buttahhh.

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

#3 posted 12-04-2008 12:11 AM

Damn! The Unifence head casting is more than 1/2 the width of the saw table. Are you sure it won’t fall over with the fence all the way to one side like that? :)

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

#4 posted 12-04-2008 12:45 AM

LOL EE, with the weight of the cast top and wings I doubt that it’s going anywhere, but I agree, it does look funny. I just got to thinking though that last year I made a router table top out of the same material that I used on this saw for the table board. I mounted a Woodpeckers aluminum plate in it and I still have the template to cut the hole. I just may do the same to this top so I can use that router and plate in this table also. I’ll have to think about it somemore, the router table I made is a little heavy, but it is portable.

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

#5 posted 12-07-2008 07:04 PM

ya know, woodchuck, I can see that. The mobile base you have on the saw looks like it could be extended to cover a small set of drawers under the table extension and enclosed dust collection for the router. You could have a nice little workstation for your winter basement shop.

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

#6 posted 12-07-2008 09:47 PM

EE, I’m liken the cabinet idea, it would be a conveiniant place for router and tablesaw accessories.

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

#7 posted 03-30-2009 04:56 PM

thats one saweet saw woodchuck… I need to be driving by the places you do.. lol. nice job on the restoration and adaptation!

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.