Great Pinner for the price!

Review by TMH posted 03-26-2015 01:15 PM 3366 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Pinner for the price! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this Pinner for use on this Project: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/139721.

The Pinner worked great right out of the box. I purchased from Amazon for $29.98 after reading all the good reviews (4.5 stars). I didn’t want to spend a lot of money and this fit the bill. Works flawless so far after over 100 pins. I also purchased Porter-Cable PN23Pp nail kit to qualify for free shipping. (the gun is pretty worthless without pins)

As stated in the Amazon reviews, once the safety is out of the way the gun is LIVE!. I was careful and this was not a problem. More expensive Pinners have a Tip interlock, (that I did not want for space concerns) or a double trigger. I will DEFINITELY NOT use this gun when there are others around causing a distraction. But overall I am not concerned with the live trigger during normal use.

The Tip and body fit nicely into the tight spaces of the lamps shades displayed in the project. The gun automatic adjusts forthe pins used by a slider switch on the side.

I will definitely be using this pinner around the shop, say pinning templates to pieces for flush routing, or pinning pieces together while gluing as the pin holes are almost impossible to see.

I am happy, I hope this review helps. I am happy to answer any question you have.

Tom

Richard

1912 posts in 2475 days

#2 posted 03-27-2015 07:35 PM

- Bill1974

My HF 23 gauge pin gun has a tip Lock saftey and I don’t see it getting in the way at all. Havve run close to a 1000 pins and no issues at all.

View gtbuzz's profile

gtbuzz

#3 posted 03-27-2015 09:47 PM

I’ve got the same one and I have to agree. As a pinner, it works great, nary a single jam, but the lack of a safety does bother me a little. I think I paid less than $20 for a new one with a damaged box.

View TMH's profile

TMH

#4 posted 03-28-2015 01:37 AM

- Bill1974

My HF 23 gauge pin gun has a tip Lock saftey and I don t see it getting in the way at all. Havve run close to a 1000 pins and no issues at all.

- Richard

Thanks Richard, the space issue was strictly an assumption on my part. It is good to know it does not get in the way. At 30 bucks I expect to be buying another sooner or later in the future. Just hoping later rather than sooner.

Tom