Simple tool but its great at what it does

Review by ic3ss posted 03-23-2015 11:28 PM 2810 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Simple tool but its great at what it does No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This was a Christmas gift and this is the first time I had to use it today on the chop of my workbench I’m building. A sanding block is something that almost doesn’t deserve a review I think but I really like this. It’s size is perfect for straightening out an edge which is what I used it for today. It fits perfectly in the hand and I think this may reduce fatigue ‘cause I used the heck out of it and my arm was tired but not my hand.

I wasn’t sure how well the clamps would hold the paper, it just didn’t look that secure to me. Well rest assured, the paper is still on the block on both ends and not a tear to be found.

Now I need another one, or two, maybe three more.

Wayne

View ic3ss's profile

ic3ss

View Arcola60's profile

Arcola60

#1 posted 03-23-2015 11:54 PM

I bought two of them last year, different colors. One is for coarse, one is for fine grit. The really work great! They fit your hands perfectly. That makes a big difference when you are hand sanding.

Ellery Becnel

View gko's profile

gko

#2 posted 03-25-2015 10:06 AM

I tried 6 sanding blocks and this is the best I’ve tried. A couple had sanding patterns on the sand paper which means the bottom is not flat. This was dead flat with just the right amount of give. Others were hard to cange the paper or wasted a lot of paper. This was by far the easiest to change with just a little bit of wasted. Very comfortable and light. Because of it’s length it flattens surfaces really nicely, somewhat like a jointer plane. I wish they made a half sheet version to sand table tops as flat as possible. Made my own but not as convenient to change paper as the Preppin’.

-- Wood Menehune, Honolulu

View Chuck McIntyre's profile

Chuck McIntyre

#3 posted 07-27-2015 06:47 PM

I bought one a few weeks ago at Rockler on an impulse because it was on sale. Seemed like kind of a goofy purchase at the time. However, the thing works like a champ. I had never really given a sanding block a great deal of thought but, after using it a few times, I won’t hand sand a cabinet panel without it going forward.

-- Wood is a gift from God that maintains its beauty forever via the hand of a woodworker.