3D Router Carver System by CMT

Review by dataman posted 2373 days ago 6552 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
3D Router Carver System by CMT 3D Router Carver System by CMT 3D Router Carver System by CMT Click the pictures to enlarge them

Quite a few years ago I purchased a CMT 3D Router Carver System by CMT.
My first project was the front of a cedar chest I built for my oldest son as a wedding gift. It allowed me add a professional looking carving on the front of the chest without screwing it up since I do not know how to carve.

I have had this tool for at least 10 years and for a while it went out of production but a couple of years ago they reintroduced it.

It is easy to set up and as long as you have a ½” plunge router you are in business. My most recent project was to add carvings to all our interior doors in our new house. It was a great way to take a fairly basic wood door and make it look a lot more expensive!
You can view the doors and the results of the 3D router carver system on our web site at: http://mountainviewdome.com/HouseInterior15.htm click on any picture to enlarge it.

I have also built custom furniture and added carvings to dress it up and personalize it. With 46 patterns to choose from plus you can use even just part of a pattern to fit your needs so there are many options!

It may no be a tool for the purists but for those of us that have not found the time to develop the talents to custom carve things in replication then its worth looking at!

Some references:
Video
CMT site:
Other illustrations:

View dataman's profile

dataman

View mrtrim's profile

mrtrim

very nice , i was just looking at these templates in my cmt catalog the other day . i see many possibilities with these . thanks for posting

View John's profile

John

Thanks for the review… have you ever though about or tried to make custom templates? I wonder how hard that would be.

-- John - Central PA - http://affyx.wordpress.com

View dataman's profile

dataman

I have thought about it and do not think it would be too difficult.
I have not attempted to do it yet.

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

Looks good. Sounds like it is fairly easy to set up and use.