New Sheave

Review by B4B posted 03-21-2015 05:52 AM 2506 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Sheave New Sheave New Sheave Click the pictures to enlarge them

When I was looking for replacement sheaves for my table saw, finding reviews and specific products was hard to find. There’s the in-line tune up kit that comes with a belt and two “pulleys”. I wasn’t took keen on purchasing that kit since I already had a link belt, plus the additional shipping charge didn’t do anything for me.

After poking around I found this pair on Amazon, for about $11 each. I decided to give them a go. I was pleasantly surprised. They had a significant weight to them, they fit on the arbor snugly, and they appear to be well balanced.

Overall I’m happy with these as replacements to the oem sheaves for my old belt driven table saw.

-- There's two routers in my vocab, one that moves data and one that removes wood, the latter being more relevant on this forum.

#1 posted 03-21-2015 11:25 AM

If you don’t mind me asking, what table saw did you install these on? I have been wanting to do this for a while, but have not had a chance to research. Thanks for posting.

Cheers!

-- To Steal Ideas From One Person is Plagiarism; to Steal From Many is Research…

#2 posted 03-21-2015 03:06 PM

My 1980s craftsman10” contractor saw. These were 2.5” on a 3450 rpm motor.

see my blog entry for a better rundown of the tune up I am working on.

#3 posted 03-21-2015 03:20 PM

Thanks, I actually read the blog after I posted my comment here. I happen to own the Ridgid version, so looks like you did my homework for me. I love it when that happens! Thanks Again!

Cheers

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#4 posted 03-23-2015 03:57 PM

Huh, never heard a pulley called a sheave before… now I can expand my search when looking for replacement parts.

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

#5 posted 03-23-2015 07:56 PM

Apparently the full assembly is a pulley. But the round part with the groove is a sheave.. . I had to look it up myself.

#6 posted 03-23-2015 08:02 PM

#7 posted 03-24-2015 03:12 AM

I just figured that was North West Slang :)

Learn something new everyday!

View CyberDyneSystems's profile

CyberDyneSystems

#8 posted 04-09-2015 08:44 PM

Sheave, Pulley, Block, Fall, tackle, Mule, ... it’s all Greek to me :)

-- Without the wood, it's just working