Ridgid 12-volt Drill/Driver

Review by ferstler posted 11-24-2008 08:31 PM 2298 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid 12-volt Drill/Driver No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I already had a large and heavy 18-volt Ryobi drill/driver when I purchased this unit, and I wanted something lighter. I still have the Ryobi, which is a fine tool, but if the job is not too demanding I will pick up and use this smaller Ridgid model.

Consequently I use this thing a lot around my shop and I must say that it has surprising power and handles very well. I rarely use the driver feature, mainly because I have three impact drivers on hand for that sort of thing (I recently reviewed my 12-volt Ridgid low-profile right-angle version) and so this drill us used just for drilling.

One thing really good about this device (as well as the impact driver) is that the 12-volt nicad batteries seem to hold up very well. I have three cells and none have acted up in the usual nicad manner. They hold charges well and seem to run for a decent amount of time before they need topping off. I also like the 20-minute charging feature.

Howard Ferstler

View ferstler's profile

ferstler

1 comment so far

View jp93274's profile

jp93274

#1 posted 01-27-2010 01:40 PM

Thanks for the review might “look into this” $69 at the home depot online sale

-- I Now Bleed Orange! Thank You HD For the Clearance Sale!