Ryobi Right-Angle Drill

Review by ferstler posted 2065 days ago 1773 views 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ryobi Right-Angle Drill Ryobi Right-Angle Drill No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I used this drill in conjunction with a Ridgid right-angle impact driver (also reviewed previously) to install some crown moldings on kitchen cabinets that I installed some years back. My wife and an interior designer she hired made the suggestion and I always follow my wife’s suggestions. The drill was used to help secure hidden backer boards to the cabinet top edges. I had already attached the backers to the moldings out in my workshop.

The Ryobi unit worked just fine in that tight space, and my only comment involves its long horizontal length, which required the user to use both hands to make it work at its best. You use one hand to hold the handle and operate the trigger and use the other to stabilize the driving head further out. You can drill one handed, but the unit lacks stability when you do this.

Of course, its long length is a byproduct of its low profile, and so that tradeoff is to be expected. The only other limitation of the device is that it lacks a “driver” feature. It is a drill only, but its design would make driver work rather awkward, anyway.

Note that the attached photo also shows the Ridgid driver used in the project. The second photo shows only part of a larger molding installation.

Howard Ferstler