Hickory & Oak: Lumber in West Michigan

Review by ChipByrd posted 03-20-2015 11:50 AM 2424 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Hickory & Oak: Lumber in West Michigan No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have now had a couple dealings with Hickory and Oak sawmill in Decatur, Michigan. Just before Thanksgiving, I picked up some quartersawn white oak that was gorgeous. About two weeks ago I picked up about 30 BF of curly cherry that was also beautiful. That will be used to make my wife a sewing station. While I was there, I also put in an order for about 125 BF of quartersawn white oak to be picked up near the end of May. That will be going toward a mission style bed and chest of drawers.

Steve has been very easy to work with, the word is fantastic and the prices are the best I’ve found.

Big thumbs up!

Chip

View ChipByrd's profile

ChipByrd

View botanist's profile

botanist

#1 posted 03-20-2015 01:36 PM

Their prices do look pretty reasonable. Wish I lived closer.

View ChipByrd's profile

ChipByrd

#2 posted 03-20-2015 01:40 PM

I probably should have put in a link:

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#3 posted 03-21-2015 02:30 AM

I have bought wood several times from them and been very happy.

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#4 posted 03-21-2015 03:37 AM

Former MI resident- Even though I can get fine lumber in AZ. The memories of these type of mills in the East are just more about getting “wood” but it is the “experience”. Thanks for the memories…

-- Desert_Woodworker