Jointer Blades from Infinity Cutting Tools

Review by frosty50 posted 03-17-2015 07:25 PM 3257 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jointer Blades from Infinity Cutting Tools No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was very impressed with Infinity Cutting Tools customer service. I ordered a set of new blades for my jointer as they were in desperate need of replacing. My son had used the jointer and the results were several nicks in the blade at least 1/16” in depth. My local sharpening shop recommended replacement do to the damage. I ordered them on-line and Infinity processed the order within a day and I received them through the mail within the allotted time. I was excited to get back to the shop as the wife had several “honey dos” for me, and several of her projects required using the jointer. I looked at the packing slip, and confirmed the right items had been shipped. The blades were in a cardboard box well packed. When I looked at the inner plastic container, I thought that they were really took excellent care and time to insure their product was well protected. To my dismay when opening the plastic container, the blades were not 6” but 8” in length. The package was marked correctly. I called Infinity customer service, and relayed what had happened. Was put on hold for a couple of minutes, then the clerk came back on line and said the proper 6” blades would be shipped immediately and they would send a return label to me with no charges to my account. Very professional attitude, great service, I will purchase from them again and recommend them to others for their cutting needs or tools.

-- frosty

View frosty50's profile

frosty50

View BilltheDiver's profile

BilltheDiver

#1 posted 03-17-2015 07:36 PM

I have been to their location in Oldsmar, Fl and they are truly good people.

-- "Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

View SirIrb's profile

SirIrb

#2 posted 03-18-2015 11:59 AM

Frosty,
How well did they treat the edge? Are these some seriously sharp knives? What was the cost?
Thanks,

-- Don't blame me, I voted for no one.

View smitdog's profile (online now)

smitdog

#3 posted 03-18-2015 03:52 PM

I guess customer service – 5 stars, quality of product – 5 stars, packaging – 5 stars, ability to use measuring device and put correct sticker on correct box – 0 stars… You’re way too nice Frosty :) I do understand there are mix ups and mistakes that happen even with the best of companies. The proof in the pudding will be if the new blades they send will be great, hope they get it right for you! By the way, what the heck was your son jointing to get 1/16 nicks? An I-beam? lol

Update us on how they cut once you get the right ones installed

-- Jarrett - Mount Vernon, Ohio

View Hippockets's profile

Hippockets

#4 posted 03-19-2015 02:10 AM

Thanks for having patience with a supplier who does most all right and one thing wrong. The attitude today seems to want to throw everyone under the bus. I would use this supplier because of your input.

-- Bruce, Arnold MD bjordan443@aol.com

View frosty50's profile

frosty50

#5 posted 03-19-2015 03:50 PM

Smitdog, you would be correct on the stars, Infinity provided outstanding customer service with no hassles at all. I contacted on Monday and had the new blades by noon on Wednesday, with the return slip in the box. I was very impressed. If there were 10 stars for outstanding service they would have gotten them.

As for 1/16 deep nick in the blades, it was not an I beam but a rock buried in the wood. Even with the metal detector used to go over the board, it did not show up as it was not magnetic. Crap happens, I can not place blame on my son, I went over the plank before it was run through the jointer.

SirIrb: not sure of the hardness on the Rc scale, but they were the same as other blades I found on line. When I opened the new package I was able to shave the hair off of my forearm with very little effort. Sharp enough for me. I will install them today and run a test board of hard maple to see how they do. If there is a problem I will post it.

-- frosty