|Review by Zuki||posted 2159 days ago||3426 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
I bought this saw about a year ago as I needed a saw to flush cut plugs that I was using to hide countersunk screws. I was walking through Canadian Tire and saw this baby for about $14.
The details – from Stanley
• Flexible blade cuts plugs or dowels flush
• 23-point blade cuts quickly and cleanly on the pull stroke
• Double sided blade for convenient cutting to the left or right
• Contoured handle is comfortable, provides maximum control
• Excellent for trimming through tenons or lap joints
This fella is really sharp with all those little pointy teeth. It has easily cut though pine, spruce, poplar and walnut without slowing down. The handle is plastic and is sized appropriately. The saw is exceptionally light. One side of the blade cuts flush while the other leaves the plug\dowel a little proud.
•The blade is held in with a thumb screw that I could never get tight enough. I finally used a straight screwdriver to tighten it to a point where the blade would not wobble loose
•There is no hole in the handle so it cannot be hung, but has to be stored flat
•The saw blade is flexible (no spine to keep it stiff) so it is a bit challenging for me (a novice dovetail cutter) to cut dovetails
Overall I am happy with the saw and believe it is a great value.