Bee's Wax Polish

Review by mjon posted 11-23-2008 05:21 AM 3607 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bee's Wax Polish No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Very often when taking receipt of one of my pieces, my clients will ask, “How should I take are of it?” I just hand them a can of The Original Bee’s Wax polish. This stuff is as simple and basic as it gets. It’s bee’s wax and naptha. That means no silicone, no oils, no soap, and no other crap that mucks-up a finish you spent days working to achieve.

I make a lot of rocking chairs, and most have leather seats. This polish works great on leather, and does a bang-up job on painted surfaces, marble, and wood, of course. It doesn’t leave any wax build-up, and leaves the surface dry so there are no fingerprints—and the finish resists them, too. I’ve even used it on glass. You can spray it on glass and wood at the same time, and it leaves a streak-free polish. As a reviewer, I can’t think of anything else that would convince you to buy it other than to say this Bee’s Wax polish is simply awesome. The only problem is that you just can’t find it on every corner—It takes some looking around…

You can e-mail me for the source, but I did’t want to sound like I sell the product. It really is amazing stuff, and it’s likely you’ll find it as great as I do.

If you’re looking for a miracle cure to fix something that’s damaged or scratched or whatever else, this isn’t it. This is simply a product that is the finest product I’ve found in more than 30 years of woodworking—It says what it is, and it does what it says. And in today’s world, how many things do that?

View mjon's profile

mjon

View majeagle1's profile

majeagle1

#1 posted 11-29-2008 08:13 PM

I usually use Watco danish oil and then Black Bison wax after that.
Would this original beeswax polish be a good thing for taking care of products with this kind of finish?

-- Gene, Majestic Eagle Woodworks, http://majesticeagleww.etsy.com/, http://www.flickr.com/photos/majesticeagle/

View sharad's profile

sharad

#2 posted 12-03-2008 06:15 PM

Thank you for very nice information on Beewax polish. It looks to be very versatile.
Sharad

-- “If someone feels that they had never made a mistake in their life, then it means they have never tried a new thing in their life”.-Albert Einstein

#3 posted 01-13-2009 01:29 AM

Interesting finish Do they state the materials and concentration?

View Russel's profile

Russel

#4 posted 01-13-2009 01:46 AM

I bought some of this and love it. I can’t find too much information about materials and concentration other than it contains Natural Bee’s Wax and no oil. Still it leaves a really nice surface.

-- Working at Woodworking http://www.VillageLaneFurniture.com