Final Cut THIS WORKS GREAT!!!!!!

Review by Built2Last posted 11-22-2008 05:21 AM 2182 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Final Cut THIS WORKS GREAT!!!!!! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

First, sorry but I couldn’t get a picture of the final cut to load so I loaded a picture of one of my glider’s.

Check out this by MCLS!! http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/ec081111.html

While I have not acutally used theirs, I did take atwo 100 grit sanding discs that were 12 inch and cut them down to 9 inch and put them on an old bosch blade that I knew left a lot of saw marks and I was amazed at how smooth the rips came out. I usually use a Forrest woodworker II and this was just as good. As far as the center hole I just used my pocket knife and cut it out the size of the arbor hole and it worked fine. Now the final cut disc are about $6.00 for each side of the blade but I have found several on ebay for about a $1.50 each. This is a great way to get a Forrest finish and a fraction of the cost. I even ran some green pear thru and while it did clog a little and load it paper pretty bad, it still worked and I touched a declogging bar to the sandpaper and it cleaned right up. According to Final cut their paper last for about 200 cuts I think.
This is worth checking out. They probable don’t like the fact that I am spreading this around but hey, with the cost of tools, lumber, etc., a person has to save when they can.
Hope someone gets some use from this!!!!!!!!!

#1 posted 11-22-2008 06:44 AM

If anyone else tries this please let me know how it works for you especially if you use different grits of sand paper. I’m going to try it on my miter saw and skill saw also to see how it works with them.

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

#2 posted 11-22-2008 07:10 AM

Great post thanks for the information!
I’d be interested in finding out what luck others have had with this setup. Is 100 grit the way to go or would finer grits give a better finish? The Woodworking Shop has 9” PSA discs in 11 different grits.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

#3 posted 11-22-2008 11:50 AM

I was leery when I first saw this advertised. I am glad to hear an independent review that it actually does work. By the way, very nice glider.

View UnstoppableDrew's profile

UnstoppableDrew

#4 posted 12-06-2008 06:23 PM

I could only find the blade itself on the MLCS site. Do they sell just packs of sandpaper discs you can use on your existing blades ?

-- Nothing looks worse on your outdoors resume than a list of the possible locations of your remains.

#5 posted 12-06-2008 07:30 PM

Drew, looks like they removed the sanding disc, but here is a link to a lady on ebay that has all sizes and grits, and really good prices. She also accepts money orders. http://cgi.ebay.com/9-SELF-STICK-SANDING-DISCS-100-GRIT-CLOTH_W0QQitemZ310105344002QQihZ021QQcategoryZ20796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

View UnstoppableDrew's profile

UnstoppableDrew

#6 posted 01-07-2009 04:34 PM

Thanks for the link Built2Last ! For others who come along later, here’s a link to that sellers ‘Other Items’, since that particular auction has ended:

View Emeralds's profile

Emeralds

#7 posted 03-20-2009 04:36 AM

Hey guys although the original link to whatever it was this post was about is now gone I want to thank you for the link to “SandPaper Lady” on Ebay. She has great prices and hopefully the product will be too.

Cheers