Delta Dust Collector Model 50-760

Review by CutNRun posted 01-23-2008 12:34 AM 3966 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Delta Dust Collector Model 50-760 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I also have this dust collector and have been very pleased with it. The one micron top bag does an excellent job of filtering. My garage shop is small and I simply move the dust collector around or switch the hose from one machine to another. At this point I don’t intend to add any piping other than to perhaps rig something for my router table.

Prior to purchasing the Delta unit, I used an old Sears shop vacuum. The Delta unit is much quieter and does a dramatically better job.

It was easy to assemble and by doing some shopping around, I found it on sale for well under $300.00. One of the best additions to my shop. Probably worth 5 stars, but nothing is perfect.

-- CutNRun - So much wood, so many trails, so little time

View CutNRun's profile

CutNRun

View RJones's profile

RJones

#1 posted 01-23-2008 04:05 AM

Ditto, I have one as well, been using it a year or so with no complaints! A thumbs up for sure and would buy it again!

-- http://rjoneswoodworks.com/

View Roz's profile

Roz

#2 posted 01-30-2008 10:25 PM

It looks good. Is this the same one carried in the home improvement stores? I’m looking at one now for about 199.00 I think it is 1 to 1.5 hp. I am using ShopVac’s for now but would like to upgrade to a shop wide dust collection system and I’m not sure I should invest in this if I’m going to upgrade in a few years. I wonder if it would still be an asset in a shop with a vac system?

-- Terry Roswell, L.A. (Lower Alabama) "Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans."

View Woodshopfreak's profile

Woodshopfreak

#3 posted 04-27-2008 01:26 AM

where did you buy yours from?

-- Tyler, Illinois

View Terry Broadbent's profile

Terry Broadbent

#4 posted 04-28-2008 03:37 PM

Tyler,

I paid right around $200 for this unit through amazon.com. It may qualify for the free shipping, I don’t remember. Amazon has a great return policy if there is a problem. I havn’t used it yet, but have read a lot of good reviews on it.

View Woodshopfreak's profile

Woodshopfreak

#5 posted 05-13-2008 05:30 AM

how did you get it for only 200, I see it for around 300 all the time and haven’t found it any cheaper.

-- Tyler, Illinois

View Terry Broadbent's profile

Terry Broadbent

#6 posted 06-17-2008 05:40 AM

Sorry, it was a dust collector I returned that was only 200. I paid 340 for the model your looking at.
got it through amazon with free shipping. I got it awhile ago. it was easy ot assemble.