worked the saw hard for 2 years

Review by Todd McDonald "2 Bored Saws" posted 2107 days ago 5312 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
worked the saw hard for 2 years No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought that same saw (Hitachi) two years ago, I have worked it hard cutting 3×3x8’ oak up into 1×1x8’ then into 1×1x5 inches, it has never quit me. I threw that plastic dust collection pan in the trash, and make my own that fits a 4” duct. I am about to buy another one. This saw has made me alot of money. I don’t use it every day, but every other day I work the crap out of it. I am not a pro (not close) just a extra money type a job. All my cuts are srtaight so i can’t comment on the angle cutting. I did cut an air hole so the motor can cool better (I have a hefty dust collection system to provide some air flow for the motor). Only other thing i can mention is to spend the money on a good blade. I use the diablo 24 teeth blade, last a long time on the oak.

-- It is fun to see where an imagination and two bored saws will get you.

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

Thanks for the review, glad to see you can work your tools hard and they still hold up.

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

View Moron's profile

Moron

• stars eh!

-- "Good artists borrow, great artists steal”…..Picasso