3 Piece Tool Rest

Review by socrbent posted 03-07-2015 03:16 AM 2449 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
3 Piece Tool Rest 3 Piece Tool Rest 3 Piece Tool Rest Click the pictures to enlarge them

The 3 tool rests from Peachtree arrived quickly and were boxed very safely with tons of bubble wrap. I wanted the two curved ones for bowl turning. The 12” straight was a bonus which I have not yet used. The black powder coating is complete and smooth. There was a small rough spot on the top of the larger curved rest that hasn’t caused problems yet, but I plan to remove it with a file although I hate the idea of removing some of the the finish as lathe tools currently move smoothly over the surface. The metal was popped up near an edge that looks like it was banged on the edge prior to powder coating. The 4” posts fit the tool rest perfectly. Both seemed to provide solid support while in use. They were near perfect fits for the 2 nine inch bowls I was turning. I choose them based on price and am pleased with the quality although I have never used any of the high priced tool rests. My only wish at this point is that the smaller curved rest have some additional straight stock near the post so the post is further away from the bowl. I felt the post gets in the way when turning near the outer edge of a bowl.

-- socrbent Ohio

View socrbent's profile

socrbent

1 comment so far

View tomd's profile

tomd

#1 posted 03-08-2015 04:46 AM

Thanks for the review, I have been looking at those tool rests.

-- Tom D