MinWax Wood Sheen

Review by Dusty56 posted 11-08-2008 10:15 PM 13198 views 2 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
MinWax Wood Sheen No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

A wipe-on gel which combines oil stain with a soft lustre top-coat. Easy to use gel stain and protective top-coat in just one simple step. Minwax Woodsheen makes it easy to achieve a beautiful classic hand-rubbed finish in only two hours. Minwax Woodsheen comes in a variety of five popular wood tone colors plus Dove White and Natural.

Hello my fellow LJ’s ,
I just wanted to share some product info with you . I have been using this wonderful , easy to apply product for many years now and have never been disappointed with the end results . : ) I love to work with the lightest colored and most figured Maple that I can find and found that their “Natural” color finish leaves the Maple at its best . If you would like to see an example of what I mean , please go to my projects and see Ricks Birthday clock and also my Maple and Purpleheart Clock invention …LOL ….Give it a try , at less than $10 for a twelve oz. bottle , it is worth adding to your finish collection . I’ve found it especially useful for the size of the projects that I make most often .
One suggestion …Squeeze all of the excess air from the bottle after use and store the bottle upside down : )
Thank you and best wishes on all of your finishing details : )

View robbinscabin's profile

#1 posted 11-09-2008 04:53 PM

I love this product too! Although, I’ve found it difficult to locate at times. I’ve begged my local Ace Hardware to never discontinue it as there is no other source for it around here. I use it to stain in the grooves I carve on my screen doors. It makes the carving much more defined and easy to see. Thanks for the tip about removing the air. I’m just starting another new bottle and I’ll give your advice a try! Great goof-free product!

-- Robbinscabin,

View Shopsmithtom's profile

#2 posted 11-10-2008 12:21 AM

Looking at your projects in maple is really an eye opener. The finish is beautiful. I’m thinking that I’ll give this product a try.-SST

-- Accuracy is not in your power tool, it's in you

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#3 posted 11-10-2008 01:51 AM

Hi Dusty;

Well, you convinced me to give it a try!

I did go back and look at that clock for your friend. once again I was amazed by it.

-- by Lee A. Jesberger

View Terriks's profile

1 post in 2093 days

#4 posted 03-07-2010 12:21 AM

Is it possible to use WoodSheen over a previous finish? The stair railing and banister in my office is a very dated white washed oak and I was wondering if WoodSheen could be applied over it, preferably in the Rosewood color. It is a very big project as the railing surrounds a second story “mezzanine” type area, and it would cost prohibitive to have someone completely strip the wood. We will probably just want to stain the hand rail parts and will paint the spindles white. The other option is to paint the railing a dark brown to mimic wood, but I don’t think that would look as good.