These Ridge Carbide blades are awesome

Review by EdVE posted 02-24-2015 11:18 PM 4128 views 1 time favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
These Ridge Carbide blades are awesome No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just purchased the 8” dado set and the TS2000 blades at the Novi, MI Woodworking show (great discount if you buy both). I was a little leary as I had not seen these before. I quickly googled reviews and they were quite positive. These things cut like butter and are SMOOTH. The dado is clean with no tear out and the bottom of the dado is very smooth. The saw blade cuts to a smooth—dare I say—shiny surface. Definitely could be joined immediately. I use Forrest blade, so that is my comparison. As good for sure, perhaps better.

The reason I am taking the time for the review is to note the customer service. The dados fit very tight on my arbor and I emailed to find out why. The owner not only emailed me back but told me to call him and then called me to leave me a message. He wanted to make sure I knew the solution – which is this: the blades are coated with a rust inhibitor that gets in the arbor opening, simply take a dowel and some sand paper to free it up. I was very impressed with the prompt and personalized service.

Hope they stand the test of time—but for now I am thrilled at the quality and the price point seems right.

PS: This is a glowing review – so might be necessary to note that I have no stake or relation to Carbide Tools.

View EdVE's profile

EdVE

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#1 posted 02-24-2015 11:49 PM

I just bought the think kerf version of the TS2000. I haven’t had a chance to install it yet, but I can’t wait to try. Good thick carbide teeth, seems well built.

-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)

View chrisstef's profile

chrisstef

#2 posted 02-24-2015 11:55 PM

I was at a buddys shop last weekend and he was running one of these blades on his unisaw and i concur with your statement. Pure butter.

-- Its not a crack, its a casting imperfection.

View jacquesr's profile

jacquesr

#3 posted 02-25-2015 12:55 AM

I have a TS2000 TK too. Pure bliss. Yes, I am talking about a table saw blade…
I am looking no further. This is my default blade from now on.

View Steve_W's profile

Steve_W

#4 posted 02-25-2015 09:22 PM

I’m in the market for a new dado set and, thanks to your review and the comments, I think I might give this one a try.

View Alan72's profile

Alan72

209 posts in 2028 days

#5 posted 02-26-2015 12:29 AM

I was also at the Woodworking show in Novi and I thought it was much better than the one I went to a few years back. I did by this dada blade set and TS2000 40 tooth full kerf. I haven’t used the dado set yet, but what I can say about the TS2000 is that it is by far the best blade I’ve used in these past 9 years of WW.

View Todd Swartwood's profile

Todd Swartwood

#6 posted 03-01-2015 02:23 PM

I have been using blades from ridge for 10-15 years. There products are excellent and customer service is great also.
It is pretty cool to call for customer service and John answers the phone (he is the owner). He always wants the customer to be pleased.

Have a blessed day I am off to church, Todd

-- Todd Swartwood (Todd Swart-Woodworks)

View niftynoel's profile

niftynoel

#7 posted 03-05-2015 04:07 PM

Interesting comments. 1. I too have the Dado-Master set. I bought it last year at the Atlanta show. I finally tested it this week, only to find that the bottom of the dado cut is not at all flat. I was thinking of returning it to Atlanta – show is this weekend. But, I must rethink after reading these posts. Guess I’ll call the company. 2. I also was concerned about the tightness of the dado saw blade, but will now follow the advice you received.
I am sure hoping this can be resolved, since I was impressed at the company in the beginning.
Also – wish I could get to the Novi show as I think it is probably better with more vendors than ATL. The Atlanta show has been degrading during the last few years with fewer tool companies being represented.

-- Noel

View niftynoel's profile

niftynoel

#8 posted 03-12-2015 02:55 AM

All: regarding my previous post above. I did return to the Atlanta Woodworking show this past weekend. I took my Dado-Master to the owner along with a couple of samples. He gladly exchanged the bad one for a new one. I have now tested and used on some hard maple it for a workbench I’m building. Walla! Fantastic. The only errors now are user-errors. I really am impressed and I must say that any manufacturer knows that once in a while a bad one slips by.
Happy Customer.

-- Noel

View Mojo1's profile

Mojo1

#9 posted 04-07-2015 09:56 AM

I just 2 of these blades, one for the Table saw and the 80 for my miter saw, best blades by leaps and bounds that I have ever used.