A great router fence

Review by Steven Naslund posted 10-25-2008 12:02 AM 3597 views 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A great router fence No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

After messing around with a lot of home-made fence systems for my router table, I decided that for my newest table I would buy a fence and spend more time building furniture and less time building the shop. The fence is built incredibly well as has been my experience with all the Jess-Em products I have purchased.

Positives -

Fence stays centered on the table when sliding back and forth

Spilt sliding fence allows for very large router bits

Comes with jointing shims to bring half of the fence forward to use your router table as a jointer.

Dust collection shroud

Works with an available Miter Gage attachment that ensures the miter gage is perpendicular to the fence at all times.

Built like a tank

Negative -

Although the fence says it is designed for tables 1 1/2” thick, I had a problem with the mounting brackets not bringing the fence supports all the way to the top of the table. I was able to flip the brackets around and get it mounted, but it took a bit to figure out how to do. This is definitely not in the manual. Jessem needs to consider that people using two pieces of 3/4” MDF or plywood plus two sheets of laminate will be over the 1 1/2” spec. I think they should make the fence mounting brackets a bit larger to accomodate a thicker table top.

Pretty expensive, however I think it will last forever and the price is long forgotten.

-- Steven Naslund, Chicago IL