Purchased my Earlex Spray Station 5500... had some Issues

Review by Fired_Yo_Momma posted 02-18-2015 07:23 PM 5203 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Purchased my Earlex Spray Station 5500... had some Issues No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

OK let me the first to say that I am new here don’t have many posts and I am new to spraying with the HVLP.

With that said I had a big piece of furniture that I needed to finish and decided to get my first sprayer. I did some extensive research on what to get and after reading the reviews I was pretty set on the Earlex Spray Station. I ordered it online from Amazon and it came in and I was excited to get started. I also ordered the 1.5mm needle as well.

So I open the box and start reading the manual to put everything together and put my 1.5 needle in and I am noticing that the gun and the spray station had little scratches on the unit no big deal its going to get used well anyways. Although I had some concerns that maybe I had a refurbished unit and I did not pay for a refurb.

So I get everything put together and decide to put some mineral spirits through it to test and then I switched on the unit and it did not turn on. Oh no… After a few toggles of the switch the unit turned on, boy its loud.

I read on the user guide to call the company if I had any issues with the unit and I did on 02/16/2015, I called this 18007832612 number and it went to a voice mail but I never got any response back. So today I decided to just contact Amazon and I will give the Earlex 5500 another chance. I am sure mine was just a one off based on all the high reviews this product got. When I get my new one I will amend this review if it was better or not.

Thanks

View Fired_Yo_Momma's profile

Fired_Yo_Momma

View Luke's profile

Luke

#1 posted 02-19-2015 06:52 PM

I think that once you get a unit that works (strange the quality of the one you have) that you will like it when you figure it out. Spray finishing takes some getting used to, and has a learning curve for all the different materials. And every company’s product will vary from the next. I will agree, the sucker is loud.

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#2 posted 02-21-2015 12:19 AM

Yes, it is loud, but sounds like you might have gotten a returned unit or something. I love my unit and have used a few projects so far. I have only used the 2.0 needle on one project and 1.5 needle on the other. I also purchased the 1.0 needle from Woodpeckers with 1.5 needle. They had a sale some time back and they were about half the prize of what I could find on Amazon.

-- Scott in Texas

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#3 posted 02-21-2015 12:19 AM

Dupe

-- Scott in Texas

#4 posted 03-07-2015 03:36 AM

It is loud no doubt. I have had no trouble with mine and have talk with them a few times. I think hes even on this site. Sound like where you bought it someone returned it like others had mentioned. Great thing about Amazon is they take care of it. ,,,,, Good luck

View Belg1960's profile

Belg1960

#5 posted 04-11-2015 02:20 PM

Guys, I had someone tell me one of these versions just had a hose that was press fit and one of his issues was that it became disconnected. Has this model now added the locking style hose?

-- ***Pat*** Rookie woodworker looking for an education!!!