Dewalt DC845KA Impact Driver

Review by Will Mego posted 10-11-2008 04:11 AM 1409 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dewalt DC845KA Impact Driver No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Thus far, I love everything about this driver! Faced with a roof job on my folks terribly rotten roof, and recalling the last time I was driving screws through simple plain old pine and how I couldn’t get screw in without stripping it, I decided to bite the bullet, and buy an impact driver. I looked at a few, but decided to splurge and get the 18V dewalt (in a kit, which included the 2 batteries).

I’m glad I did. So far, it drives pretty much ANYTHING through ANYTHING. It’s as though the wood is a figment of my imagination. I used it a fair amount today, with no loss of power. This tool isn’t cheap, but I think it should last me a long time, and I’m glad I got it.

-- "That which has in itself the greatest use, possesses the greatest beauty." - http://www.willmego.com/

View Will Mego's profile

Will Mego

View matter's profile

matter

#1 posted 10-11-2008 08:49 PM

Use mine every day. Haven’t found anything it won’t screw.

-- The only easy wood project is a fire

View tooldad's profile

tooldad

#2 posted 10-11-2008 10:54 PM

I have the same one at home and use it for everything but drilling. A friend has the ryobi version. We were working on some cabinets at his house and his wife came out and asked him why I was going faster, was it a bigger battery or more voltage. Our answer was simply Blue vs Yellow. Both are good, but Yellow is better. We have 4 ryobi drills and 2 impacts at school, The kids are quick to check out the impacts so they have them for class.