Back Savor (Needed this a long time ago!)

Review by Les Hastings posted 2028 days ago 2343 views 2 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Back Savor (Needed this a long time ago!) Back Savor (Needed this a long time ago!) Back Savor (Needed this a long time ago!) Click the pictures to enlarge them

On my recent trip to the IWF in Atlanta I came across this little jewl. Its made by Southworth. Its an electric hydraulic lift table. Comes fully assembled ready to go, Just plug it in and your set. The lifting capacity is 1500 lbs. with the press of a foot pedal. The top measures 30’ x 60”. Starting at 6” off the floor and rasing to 42” at its tallest position. This is a jewl! I wish I had this a very long time ago. I’ve only been using for a few days so far and I’m already hooked on it. Just wish I had bought two of these. One for home and one for work. This little puppy is going to be a big back saver. I’m keeping it at work, but when I get home at night and go out in my shop to work. The first thing I think of is ( MAN I wish I had one of those here to!). I’ve had my share of back problems and think this will be one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. No bending over to install drawer slides, just raise it up a little. Putting on base, no problem. Raise it all the way up. For me this is fantastic! I think I even feel better at the end of the day, not quite so tired. Even if you don’t have back problems, you’ll love it! I added a 1” thick piece of mdf to the top and made it a 4’ x 8’ work surface. As soon as I get time I’ll be adding bracing on the under side with some 8/4 poplar to stiffin up the over hang and help keep it flat.

Try it you’ll really, really like it!

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

#1 posted 2028 days ago

What is the model # you got? Can a person buy direct? How much? Thanks!

God Bless
tom

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

#2 posted 2028 days ago

The paper work is at my work place, I’ll get that info and post it on here.

View MarcInAylmerQC's profile

MarcInAylmerQC

#3 posted 2028 days ago

Hi Les,

In the picture showing the lift at full height, things look “tippy”. How stable is the lift when raised that high?

Thanks
Marc in Aylmer, Qc

-- www.marc-prevost.com

#4 posted 2027 days ago

Nice review, Les. I would love to have one of these in my shop for exactly the reasons that you posted. I can see where it could also make a good adjustable infeed/outfeed table for the ts.

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

#5 posted 2027 days ago

Like Tom I would be interested in more information .

View NY_Rocking_Chairs's profile

NY_Rocking_Chairs

#6 posted 2026 days ago

Agreed, I have a basement bilco door and have been on the lookout for a lift to put there. Getting the table saw in the basement wasn’t bad, but getting it back out…any info would be most appreciated.

-- Rich, WNY, www.nyrockingchairs.com

#7 posted 2026 days ago

Marc,,,,Actually its very stable. You can bolt it to the floor, but I don’t think I will. I think you would have to really trying hard to tip it over.

Sorry guys I get more info about it, I keep forgetting to bring the paper work on it home.

Ok I’m back,,,,southworthproducts.com Look under back saver lite lifts. They have several options.
I paid 2034.00 for mine at the show.

#8 posted 2026 days ago

Les it looks great. I think I’ll go for a foot operated lift.

My back is killing me.

View Critterman's profile

Critterman

#9 posted 2023 days ago

I think anyone who does cabinets or furniture would want one of these, but $2K!! Yikes, too rich for a hobby operation, although I guess I can dream about one LOL.

Karson, you’ll have to get rid of some of that massive wood pile to make room for one….LOL

-- Jim Hallada, Chesterfield, VA

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19079 posts in 2354 days

#10 posted 2023 days ago

Les, thats a great aid to the shop. I like the storage idea as well.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View Russ Anderson's profile

Russ Anderson

This type of thing would be extremely handy if you had a lot of sheet goods to cut too, set it up in front of the saw, adjust the height and start ripping! Not practical for my garage shop though. I’ll keep using my cheep in-feed table that hooks onto my fence rail and a couple of saw horses.

-- Russ