Gorilla Tape

Review by Dan'um Style posted 09-28-2008 05:53 AM 5709 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Gorilla Tape Gorilla Tape No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I won a 2nd prize in Gorilla Glue Challenge.

Winners received Gorilla Glue’s products and a Gorilla Glue t-shirt.

Got a nice box of various Gorilla glues and a roll of tape. I’ve been using Gorilla Glue products for years, so it was a excellent prize. Peggy enjoys wearing the Gorilla tee-shirt too.

Today I used the tape and want to share a handy use for them.

My tile KILN needed an element changed . Kiln sits on the concrete floor of my back porch, It is a front loading kiln and sits only 8 inches off the ground. Changing an element involves intalling a 124 inch long 1/2” dia wire coil into a groove in the firebrick walls of the kiln.
I’m 54 years old, less then 6 ft tall and about 250. I knelt on the concrete for about 1/10th of a minute and figured I needed knee pads. Started out the door to Lowes and then remembered the Gorilla Prizes.

Peggy wasn’t home so my imagination ran wild. I dug around the kitchen drawers and found hot pads and oven mitts. Eight of them. Out came the tape. I sat in my chair and stacked the pot holders 4 high and each leg and taped them to my blue jeans. Worked perfect. Best knee pads I’d ever used.

I’ve been using Gorilla Tape for years. It is bar-none the best tape in its class.

Click for details: Only look at this if you  LOVE GREEN !!!  Back porch lattice work

#1 posted 09-28-2008 06:04 AM

I would normally call that flying by the seat of your pants. But I guess that is not the right terminology.

Great review.

-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware soon moving to Virginia †

View Mark Shymanski's profile

Mark Shymanski

#2 posted 09-28-2008 06:04 AM

Uhmmm, won’t they be missed? You may yet find new uses for Gorilla tape when she finds out how you’ve used her oven mitts and hot pads LOL!

-- "Checking for square? What madness is this! The cabinet is square because I will it to be so!" Jeremy Greiner LJ Topic#20953 2011 Feb 2

View bbqking's profile

#3 posted 09-28-2008 06:53 AM

My wife’s hot pads, oven mitts, kitchen towels, and wash clothes have been a staple in my shop for years. Thank God for forgiving women and Fort Dodge tent & Awning. As always, bbqKing.

-- bbqKing, Lawrenceville

#4 posted 09-28-2008 11:24 PM

While the Cat’s away…......... We would refer to that as Yankee Ingenuity around here ! LOL

Did the tape remove easily with out leaving any residue behind for the Mrs. to notice ?

View Grumpy's profile

#5 posted 09-29-2008 02:27 AM

Very cute Dan. Is that called keeping a finger on the pulse or lending a hand?. Just as well the wife was out or she might have clobbered you with that rolling pin.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View motthunter's profile

#6 posted 09-29-2008 09:58 PM

can I use it over my kids mouth sot hat I can get some peace?

-- making sawdust....

View RDS1's profile

#7 posted 10-01-2008 05:53 AM

Heh heh heh

-- Bob Schilke

#8 posted 10-05-2008 05:18 PM

As a follow up to this review,

I stopped my Harbor Freight and bought and bought their deluxe brand knee pads for 4.99.

They work good, but the Gorilla-Glue-hot-pad- knee-pads are much more comfortable.

View tomd's profile

2022 posts in 3192 days

#9 posted 10-06-2008 07:37 AM

Is that your hand holding up the tape?

-- Tom D

#10 posted 10-06-2008 01:57 PM

yep… it is my hand…. in a gorilla suit