Gorilla Tape

Review by Dan'um Style posted 2030 days ago 3713 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Gorilla Tape Gorilla Tape No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I won a 2nd prize in Gorilla Glue Challenge.

Winners received Gorilla Glue’s products and a Gorilla Glue t-shirt.

Got a nice box of various Gorilla glues and a roll of tape. I’ve been using Gorilla Glue products for years, so it was a excellent prize. Peggy enjoys wearing the Gorilla tee-shirt too.

Today I used the tape and want to share a handy use for them.

My tile KILN needed an element changed . Kiln sits on the concrete floor of my back porch, It is a front loading kiln and sits only 8 inches off the ground. Changing an element involves intalling a 124 inch long 1/2” dia wire coil into a groove in the firebrick walls of the kiln.
I’m 54 years old, less then 6 ft tall and about 250. I knelt on the concrete for about 1/10th of a minute and figured I needed knee pads. Started out the door to Lowes and then remembered the Gorilla Prizes.

Peggy wasn’t home so my imagination ran wild. I dug around the kitchen drawers and found hot pads and oven mitts. Eight of them. Out came the tape. I sat in my chair and stacked the pot holders 4 high and each leg and taped them to my blue jeans. Worked perfect. Best knee pads I’d ever used.

I’ve been using Gorilla Tape for years. It is bar-none the best tape in its class.

Photobucket

Click for details: Only look at this if you  LOVE GREEN !!!  Back porch lattice work

#1 posted 2030 days ago

I would normally call that flying by the seat of your pants. But I guess that is not the right terminology.

Great review.

View Mark Shymanski's profile

Mark Shymanski

#2 posted 2030 days ago

Uhmmm, won’t they be missed? You may yet find new uses for Gorilla tape when she finds out how you’ve used her oven mitts and hot pads LOL!

-- "Checking for square? What madness is this! The cabinet is square because I will it to be so!" Jeremy Greiner LJ Topic#20953 2011 Feb 2

View bbqking's profile

bbqking

#3 posted 2030 days ago

My wife’s hot pads, oven mitts, kitchen towels, and wash clothes have been a staple in my shop for years. Thank God for forgiving women and Fort Dodge tent & Awning. As always, bbqKing.

-- bbqKing, Lawrenceville

#4 posted 2029 days ago

While the Cat’s away…......... We would refer to that as Yankee Ingenuity around here ! LOL

Did the tape remove easily with out leaving any residue behind for the Mrs. to notice ?

-- When you arrive at my front door, please knock softly but firmly. I like soft , firm, knockers : )

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19074 posts in 2353 days

#5 posted 2029 days ago

Very cute Dan. Is that called keeping a finger on the pulse or lending a hand?. Just as well the wife was out or she might have clobbered you with that rolling pin.
Photobucket

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

#6 posted 2028 days ago

can I use it over my kids mouth sot hat I can get some peace?

-- making sawdust....

View RDS1's profile

RDS1

#7 posted 2027 days ago

Heh heh heh

-- Bob Schilke

#8 posted 2023 days ago

As a follow up to this review,

I stopped my Harbor Freight and bought and bought their deluxe brand knee pads for 4.99.

They work good, but the Gorilla-Glue-hot-pad- knee-pads are much more comfortable.

View tomd's profile

tomd

#9 posted 2022 days ago

Is that your hand holding up the tape?

-- Tom D

#10 posted 2022 days ago

yep… it is my hand…. in a gorilla suit