Excellent Joinery System

Review by EdsCustomWoodCrafts posted 01-29-2015 04:07 AM 3422 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Excellent Joinery System No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

When I was designing one of my first projects (Router Cabinet) I came across this pocket hole system and its awesome and forms extremely strong joints.

The kit comes with everything you need to create a somewhat hidden joint, especially when you use the Kreg Plugs.

If you build frames for anything from cabinets to pictures this method is awesome.

-- Thanks Ed “A bad day woodworking is better than a good day working. ~Author unknown”

View EdsCustomWoodCrafts's profile

EdsCustomWoodCrafts

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#1 posted 01-29-2015 01:06 PM

Ditto!

View jshroyer's profile

jshroyer

#2 posted 01-29-2015 01:19 PM

I use my R3 all the time.

-- http://semiww.org/

View Roger's profile

20931 posts in 2883 days

#3 posted 01-29-2015 01:44 PM

Pocket holes are awesome, and Kreg is also.

View JKMDETAIL's profile

JKMDETAIL

#4 posted 01-29-2015 06:33 PM

I love my K3.

View greg48's profile

greg48

#5 posted 01-29-2015 10:58 PM

I don’t have the latest models, mine is about 7-8 years old now but I have found it to be great for constructing face frames

-- Greg, No. Cal. - "Gaudete in Domino Semper"

View Puffball's profile

Puffball

#6 posted 01-30-2015 08:47 PM

Pocketholes with the Kreg Jig rule! It was money well spent. I have a stash of pocket screws of all lengths.

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#7 posted 01-31-2015 04:00 AM

I’ve had the R3 for a few years now. I use it often and love it. I’ll probably upgrade to a larger kit someday.
$40 seems like a lot for this tiny, simplistic kit. But once you start using it….you realize the price is easily justified.

View EdsCustomWoodCrafts's profile

EdsCustomWoodCrafts

#8 posted 01-31-2015 01:26 PM

I ve had the R3 for a few years now. I use it often and love it. I ll probably upgrade to a larger kit someday.

- Tedstor

I agree with you $40 is a lot I’m even thinking of getting the R4 but I can’t seem to being myself to spending $100… But I love the idea of fitting my workpiece into it instead of fitting my jog onto the piece … Ya know

View redSLED's profile

redSLED

790 posts in 1972 days

#9 posted 02-05-2015 03:23 AM

Now on my springtime buy list. Thanks edwood1975 and Lumberjock feedbackers.

-- Perfection is the difference between too much and not enough.

View Dave G's profile

Dave G

#10 posted 02-06-2015 11:49 PM

I’ve had mine about 8 years. I cannot believe how much I’ve used it and for how many things. I started buying those giant screw boxes to save a buck on the screws. You may want to look at those (1000 screws for $20?)

One of the little gray plastic edge hooks broke last month. I emailed Kreg and asked them how to get another little plastic thingy and they sent me an entire new R3 hole jig.

-- Dave, New England - “We are made to persist. that's how we find out who we are.” ― Tobias Wolff

View Lee's profile

Lee

#11 posted 02-20-2015 02:26 PM

I’ve have the K4, it’s one of my favorite tools! Best 100 bucks spent!

-- Lee