Bosch Table Saw

Review by Tony Z posted 2040 days ago 24783 views 2 times favorited 24 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bosch Table Saw Bosch Table Saw No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This saw is great. I needed a portable saw that was accurate and this fit the bill. All I can say is BUY THIS SAW if you are in the market for something portable. It has everything you want in a table saw. Dust collection is good with a shop vac and I like that the miter gauge is full size and not a ‘mini’ one that come with most portable saws. The fence is aluminum with built in T-track which is very nice. It’s quiet and has a soft-start. I was especially impressed with the blade guard/riving knife system, so much I almost kept it on. Sorry but I feel they get in my way. The saw is not light, but it’s not extremely heavy either. I can fold it up and lift it into my truck by myself. It’s got handles all over this thing. My only wish is that the left side and rear outfeed extensions came with it instead of having to buy them separatley. I also got a great deal on it buy using the ” 10% price guarantee” line at Lowes. I’ve included a picture of it in action in my portable shop space at my home away from home. Hope this review helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-- Tony, Ohio

View Tony Z's profile

Tony Z

#1 posted 2039 days ago

Tony, this is a nice review. Thanks for the info on this saw.

View Garyb6's profile

Garyb6

#2 posted 2039 days ago

Tony, I have the previous model (Bosch 4000) and I agree with your comments. The major differences between the 4000 and 4100 are the riving knife/guard system and the addition of the t-slot in the fence. Both are features I wish I had. I agree about the extensions. Not only would I recommend this saw to those who need a portable saw, but also who have small shops, like mine. Being able to fold it up and put it away when not in use frees up valuable floor space.

Gary

-- Garyb6, “True simplicity does not reveal the tremendous effort it requires.” - Somerset Maugham

View Mark A. DeCou's profile

Mark A. DeCou

1971 posts in 2905 days

#3 posted 2039 days ago

Glad you like the saw. Enjoyed your reading your review.

I posted a review of the older Model 4000 here: http://lumberjocks.com/reviews/23

thanks,
Mark

-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com

View pastor_shane's profile

pastor_shane

#4 posted 2038 days ago

Tony,

Like Gary, I too have the 4000 model. It is a great saw. I thought I read somewhere that the 4100 has a digital readout fence…or is this another optional add-on? I hope you get a lot of mileage out of it, I had mine for over almost 3 years already, and it has served me very well.

-- Shane, Guttenberg, Iowa

View Tony Z's profile

Tony Z

#5 posted 2038 days ago

Shane,
The 4100DG-09 comes with the digital fence. Mine is the 4100-09 with the standard fence.

-- Tony, Ohio

View chaim's profile

chaim

#6 posted 2033 days ago

Yup, I also got a Bosch and it aint liite but is packed with nice features.
I added a router table to mine and I use it these days primarily with a dado head so It is very usefull and versitile for me.
Chaim

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

14124 posts in 2090 days

#7 posted 2033 days ago

Any body knows the different between Bosch 4100DG-09 model and Bosch GTS10 in term of features’ upgrade?

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View jaxx's profile

jaxx

53 posts in 2017 days

#8 posted 2015 days ago

4100dg-09 vs GTS 10. I Have the GTS 10 and would say the 4100 has the new blade guard system and digital fence readout however, i think the GTS 10 is bigger and industrial class. I wish the GTS10 had the digital readout however mine is very accurate and is a brilliant table saw. i think i would have bought the 4100dg09 had my dealer had one but the GTS 10 was in stock ang i got a good deal. super machines

View BillG's profile

BillG

72 posts in 2050 days

#9 posted 2011 days ago

Tony,

I agree that this is a great saw. I use it all the time in my business. I specialize in kitchens and finish carpentry. I have purchased both the side and rear extension fences and find them very useful. I also have the Bosch 10 inch dual bevel miter saw mounted on the Bosch track stand. Both saws allow me to do predictable, accurate and safe work. I can highly recommend both. The table saw stand is sheer genius.

-- Bill G - West Springfield, MA

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

14124 posts in 2090 days

#10 posted 2009 days ago

Thank you Jaxx, thank you Tony..
I’m more convinced now that this portable TS is a great saw.
Have been thinking to have one for jobsite use.

Thanks

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View chaim's profile

chaim

#11 posted 1997 days ago

Some weeks ago one of the posters here requested information on the additional router table to my saw. I want to apolojize for not being able to answer directly as I have lost that E mail. I was unable to post pictures but will attempt to do so in the near future.
Chaim

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19063 posts in 2351 days

#12 posted 1997 days ago

Good review Tony. I hope you enjoy your saw.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View Firestarter's profile

Firestarter

I have this saw and I have to agree with the review. I have not much space so being able to fold it up and put it to the side was a must for me. I was ready to go out of the box once I got it all put together, little or adjustment needed. I would also say that the extensions are a must, especially if cut larger pieces of sheet stock.
Thanks for the review

-- Rich

View Woodchuck1957's profile

Woodchuck1957

I can’t believe the prices they get for these portable type, plastic, and aluminum top, table saws. It seems a tad bit outrageous to me, especially if it’s made in Taiwan, like the owners manual is. At those prices you’d think they could afford to be made in the USA.

View RedShirt013's profile

RedShirt013

Woodchuck I think it’s the case with pricing according to what it’s worth to the customer instead of cost. Obviously the saw was for contractors and installers mainly, and the price is probably justified by the expense paying an installer to fiddle around with moving/setup the saw along with the good accuracy. But I agree, this is rather overpriced and for that price I would prefer a good cast iron top contractor saw anytime.

-- Ed