Fat Max backsaw must be the homeowner line

Review by Pat83 posted 01-26-2015 10:39 PM 2783 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fat Max backsaw must be the homeowner line No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this saw because I had misplaced my Buck Brothers el cheapo that works just fine. The price was very reasonable, about $20. The teeth feel sharp to the touch but I always feel like I’m cutting a pinched board when sawing. I’ve tried it on pine and ash, both were difficult to cut and I think the kerf is narrower than the rest of the blade. I will be replacing this saw very soon.

-- Beginner I am.

View Pat83's profile

Pat83

View DW833's profile

DW833

#1 posted 01-29-2015 02:49 AM

I purchased the same saw when it was on sale. Experienced the same with the sharpness. Doesn’t cut as easily as expected. Since it is not used a lot, I expect to keep it for a while.

Purchased a couple of other Stanley Fat Max crosscut / panel saws. They work well for the price.

View Woodknack's profile

Woodknack

#2 posted 02-05-2015 04:09 AM

I am very skeptical about hardware store saws but the Fat Max gets such rave reviews I almost bought one of these a couple months ago. Glad I didn’t.

-- Rick M, http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/