My One Line Review

Review by Roger posted 01-23-2015 10:37 PM 3213 views 0 times favorited 18 comments Add to Favorites Watch
My One Line Review My One Line Review No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

It Works!! OK, there is more than one line.. It’s a short novel. lol Thanks to this gent on youtube, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amzUACmIKDs), and this good deal on Amazon, (http://www.amazon.com/PSI-Woodworking-LR110-3-110-Volt-Collector/dp/B00004S9AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422052792&sr=8-1&keywords=long+ranger+III), I finally got it, and I’m happy as a tick on a hound. While at the lathe spinning the ga-zillion pens and such, I used to have to walk over and switch off my Harbor Freight 2hp collector…............HAH!, not no more. I know I’ll get some flack from a few of ya’ll about my wiring job on the motor there in the pic. Don’t worry, it’s only temporary (been like that for 5 years). Anyhoo, this remote does work on a Harbor Freight collector with a 2hp motor. I’m sure there’s a few of you out there that might be getting giddy over this about now.. WhoopWhoop!! I’m havin a few Guinness’

View recycle1943's profile

recycle1943

#1 posted 01-23-2015 10:45 PM

Sometimes I wish I weren’t such a cheapskate because that thing would save me a lot of steps, time and noise. I turn the dc on and forget to turn it off. a remote in my pocket would be pretty nice.

-- Dick, Malvern Ohio - my biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells my toys for what I told her I paid for them

View pjones46's profile

pjones46

#2 posted 01-23-2015 10:51 PM

Gezz Roger, you’re more frugal than I am. Put some of that formable dum-dum on the motor hole so dust doesn’t get sucked into the motor.

-- Respectfully, Paul

View greg48's profile

greg48

#3 posted 01-23-2015 11:21 PM

Sure hope you don’t misplace that remote or it’s back to the treadmill for you.

-- Greg, No. Cal. - "Gaudete in Domino Semper"

View HillbillyShooter's profile

HillbillyShooter

#4 posted 01-24-2015 12:06 AM

Congrats! Looks like you got a great deal. Hope it continues to work for you and keeps those Guinness flowing. You might want to consider a second remote for convenience at other machines (and should one go into hiding). ;-)

View DIYaholic's profile

DIYaholic

19536 posts in 2578 days

#5 posted 01-24-2015 12:23 AM

Aint The long Ranger great!!!

I’ve got one on my HF 2HP DC….
Wouldn’t have it any other way!!!

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procrastination a bad thing?

#6 posted 01-24-2015 12:47 AM

LOL, thnx ya’ll. -John That’s a good idea. Believe me, I’m not lazy, but, this sure is nice.

View lew's profile

lew

11941 posts in 3659 days

#7 posted 01-24-2015 12:50 AM

Thanks for the review, Roger! Glad you like it!!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

#8 posted 01-24-2015 01:08 AM

Great Review! It Works! :)

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

7102 posts in 1947 days

#9 posted 01-24-2015 01:22 AM

Glad it works. Saving steps is a good thing. Especially after your 5 mile jog everyday. lol. Good review Roger.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

View kdc68's profile

kdc68

#10 posted 01-24-2015 02:01 AM

Yep got one for my HF as well. It’s a bit of a luxury to not have to walk those 5 or 10 (or more) steps to shut the DC off…....Thanks for the review !
v

-- Measure "at least" twice and cut once

View Senorbutt's profile

Senorbutt

#11 posted 01-24-2015 03:29 AM

Recycle1943- im cheap and broke too. I bought what I think is marketed as an outdoor holiday light remote from Menards for about 15 bucks.
ive got a HF DC too and it works fine for that, I just keep the remote in my apron as I work.

View CFrye's profile (online now)

CFrye

#12 posted 01-24-2015 06:00 PM

Thanks for the review, Roger. Does it have a locator button on it for when you lose it? ;-)

-- God bless, Candy

#13 posted 01-25-2015 12:05 AM

LOL-Candy. Recycle: I had one similar to what you have, but it didn’t last long.

View kiefer's profile

kiefer

#14 posted 01-25-2015 04:29 AM

That all sounds very convenient but I read an article some years ago that staying in one location too long and not moving about is a bad thing so I have made it a habit to move around the shop and even do some stretching from time to time to keep the body loose and it seems to help .

-- Kiefer https://www.youtube.com/user/woodkiefer1/videos

View Jim Bertelson's profile

Jim Bertelson

#15 posted 01-25-2015 03:58 PM

I have a 240V Woodcraft one here in Anchorage, and it works flawlessly. Previously, I had my DC wired 120V, and had a Woodcraft 120V remote. So I had to get the 240V one and put the 120V one in the drawer. Then when I got a small DC in La Conner, I took the 120V one with me down there. So now they are both in use.

The 240V one has never had a glitch, in use for 2 -3 years. The 120V one was dead out of the package, but opening it up prior to sending it back I found a cold solder joint, resoldered it, and then it has become totally reliable as well. Each came with two remotes. I have three of them here in Anchorage, but usually have one in my shirt pocket, and actuate it right through the shirt material. They come with a little chain with a clip that is perfect for clipping to a shirt pocket top, and then dropping the remote into your pocket, with the button facing out. The one in La Conner is velcroed to the top of the TS switch, and I turn them both on nearly simultaneously.

Point is, they both work, I have never lost a remote in 4 years, and they make using DC easy. DC is a safety issue, not just a convenience one. Always make safety easy, and then you are more likely to stay safe…...........

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska