One Amazing Jointer

Review by Mike Lingenfelter posted 2413 days ago 7301 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
One Amazing Jointer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This #7 was my most recent purchase. It’s one big plane! I’ve used it to flatten some boards that I had ran through my thickness planer. These boards were being laminated together so the surfaces needed to be very flat. You would think a board coming out of a power planer would be flat. A few passes with the #7 shows you that board is far from flat. It also easily removes the snipe you can get with a power planer.

The quality of this tool is outstanding. Lie-Nielsen also spends time to flatten the backs of their plane irons. It still took some time polish the back, but this initial flattening shorten that process.

I had an unfortunate event with my #7, you can read about here. The resulting support I received from Lie-Nielsen shows that they are a customer focus company. The plane and the company gets 5-Stars from me.

www.lie-nielsen.com

View Mike Lingenfelter's profile

Mike Lingenfelter

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

Looks like one sweet plane. Someday….

View Chris 's profile

Chris

Thanks Mike… I have been considering a new jointer. I currently have a VERY old Stanley type-4 #8. It’s so old that it doesn’t have the adjustable frog. I really like the the bedrock design LN used with their planes.