Another Woodworking Rule Accessory

Review by scarpenter002 posted 01-11-2015 02:58 AM 2948 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Another Woodworking Rule Accessory Another Woodworking Rule Accessory Another Woodworking Rule Accessory Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this Hook Stop along with a 36” Woodworking rule. (Rule reviewed here.) This stop can be attached to the end of several y Woodpecker Woodworking Rules with the included screws and hex wrench. It is milled to perfectly mate with the Woodpecker Rule, tightly affixing to it. I have only used this accessory once so far, but expect it to perform as well as other Woodpecker products.

Thanks for reading.

-- Scott in Texas

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

View Bogeyguy's profile

Bogeyguy

#1 posted 01-12-2015 02:48 AM

Although I have never used or held a Woodpecker “tool” I don’t doubt their quality. However the prices for the tools make me shudder. Are they really worth the $$$’s. I still have a lot of Stanley tools I purchased when I was an apprentice back in the late 60’s, they were not expensive and they have held up just fine over all those years. I myself could not justify spending my money on the line of Woodpecker tools. But that’s just me.

-- Art, Pittsburgh.

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#2 posted 01-13-2015 02:27 AM

Hi Art, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It is worth it to me, as I am in a very humid area, and many of my older tools have rust issues. I was overseas for a few years, and upon returning, many items were covered in rust. I have a couple of Stanley framing squares, and I struggle to see the markings due to both fading and rust. Same goes for a Stanley combination square. If you would like to look at their products in person, check them out at a Woodcraft store.

So for me, I continually fight rust on my cast iron tool tops, but am happy to avoid it when possible, by purchasing tools like these.

-- Scott in Texas