Delta 50-760 1-1/2 HP 1200 CFM Dust Collector

Review by RickL posted 2373 days ago 3855 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Delta 50-760 1-1/2 HP 1200 CFM Dust Collector No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just received and set up my new dust collector for the shop. Since I moved in to the enclosed shop out of the garage, I found the 1 hp JET wasn’t doing the job. What interested me about the Delta is the 1 micron upper bag. After reading the recent reviewsd in WOOD Magazine on dust collectors. and doing my own internet research I settled on this unit. Purchased on-line and shipped in by truck. The box was about 95# and not too hard to handle, luck would have it I was home today to receive delivery. The instructions were very straight forward. This unit consists of 4 casters to screw on, 4 knobs to attach the unit to the upper fram, and attaching the bags. The instructions claim 30 to 60 minutes, I took about 30 myself. The bags are unlike any thing I have ever seen. Both bags attach with a cloth covered flexible ring nad actually fit down snugly on the INSIDE of the unit. The metal ring you see in the picture (under the top bag) is an optional ring to attach the bottom bag. I like the clear bottom bag. The unit is tall, about 83” and it rolls around very easily. Since I only have the length of hose you see in the picture, I wasn’t able to hook up two machines at once, but from what I have read it can handle two with no problem. I paid $329.00 and the company offered $6.50 shipping.

-- Rick, Union,KY firstlightwoodworking.blogspot.com

View RickL's profile

RickL

View Alphie's profile

Alphie

Nice addition to your shop!

-- Tom, Michigan ~ Working with a renewable resource called wood

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

Good Dust Collection is about as important as any safety device in your shop. I have a 1 hp Delta now and have been thinking about upgrading to this same model. Glad to hear it works as advertised.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

You might consider a remote on-off, too. Makes it easy to not skip the dust collection.