Another Great Woodpecker Product

Review by scarpenter002 posted 01-11-2015 01:12 AM 4034 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Another Great Woodpecker Product Another Great Woodpecker Product Another Great Woodpecker Product Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this set of squares of few months ago, when it was on sale as part of their weekly specials sent to their Eclub members. The set arrives in custom MDF case. I will not be utilizing the case, as I have custom brackets made to hold these. These are made of thick Aluminum, making them sturdy, yet light weight. There are measurements on both the inside and outside of the blade. The inside measurements start at the notch of the square, allowing easy measurement on projects.

A cheek has been added to the handle to allow the square to rest securely on the work piece. I love this feature!!!

Another great feature is the white on red, making the measurements easy to identify, not to mention, unlike other squares I have had in the past, these will not rust in my highly humid shop.

View Rob Vicelli's profile

View Buckethead's profile

Buckethead

3194 posts in 1951 days

#2 posted 01-11-2015 01:02 PM

I was wondering what the piece at the inside of the butt end was, but think I figured it out. It looks like it must be the same thickness as the rule side, allowing the but end to rest on the work surface, level with the rule side. (Not unlike how a speed square rests on a board.

Did I guess right?

-- Support woodworking hand models. Buy me a sawstop.

#3 posted 01-11-2015 02:05 PM

Hi Bucket, Yes, the metal protruding from the butt is the same thickness as the blade as well as being on the same plane. Very nice for keeping the square stable on the work piece.

View paxorion's profile

paxorion

#4 posted 01-12-2015 07:23 PM

I’ve been eyeing Woodpeckers products for a while. Great find.

-- paxorion

#5 posted 01-13-2015 02:31 AM

Pax,

Sign up from their eClub. They send out an email with sale items usually every Wednesday. Also you will receive the emails on the one-time items.

#6 posted 02-08-2015 03:30 AM

Nice features

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.