An Honest Review of the MicroJig GB-1 Push Block

Review by ontheworkbench posted 12-30-2014 05:52 AM 3314 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
An Honest Review of the MicroJig GB-1 Push Block An Honest Review of the MicroJig GB-1 Push Block No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received this as a gift this holiday season, and not from MicroJig. I got a chance to test it out and much to my surprise, it really does live up to the hype that I see on-line. Compared to my old smaller push blocks, this one is larger, has extra push feet, and an accessory mount to provide extra shielding from a saw blade or a router bit.

Pros:
-Griping surface really grabs the wood
-Push feet drop with gravity
-Ergonomic handle

Cons:
-Could be too large from some applications
-If not careful when making non-through cuts on a table saw or router table, the feet could get broken off.
-Handle is not symmetrically aligned on block

View on YouTube

View ontheworkbench's profile

ontheworkbench

#1 posted 12-30-2014 06:46 AM

Looks like is very useful safety tool

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

#2 posted 12-30-2014 12:26 PM

Love mine and I’ve had it for about a year.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View longgone's profile

longgone

#3 posted 12-30-2014 04:36 PM

I have had one for years and use it a lot. You will find it very useful and great safety addition.

View RichTes's profile

RichTes

#4 posted 01-05-2015 09:40 PM

Why did you think the asymmetrical handle a con? I think the point to push against a fence. I got on sale at Lowes last month but am rebuilding the jointer yet to try that way.
Rich

View ontheworkbench's profile

ontheworkbench

#5 posted 01-05-2015 10:09 PM

Rich

- RichTes

I think it is only a con if you are a bit OCD like me about symmetry; very subjective.