Exceptional how to turn DVD set

Review by Dedvw posted 12-17-2014 02:52 AM 3652 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Exceptional how to turn DVD set No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been using my lathe for about 5 years now. I am no pro at turning, and basically picked up techniques along the way from people at the woodworking stores and turning clubs. Lots of times, I never really felt like the people showing were covering the fundamentals or even knew exactly what they were talking about. Either because they were better at turning and not at teaching I don’t know. I will say that I learned more on the first DVD of this series, than I ever did at a turning club meeting.

For a quick over view the set contains 749 minutes of instruction broken into 6 DVD’s. The set is broken into:

Wood Turning Essentials – 109 minutes.

Turning Projects & Techniques – 103 minutes.

Advanced Turning Techniques – 137 minutes.

Turning Special Gifts – 141 minutes.

Great Turned Gifts – 162 minutes.

Turning Exotic Materials – 97 minutes.

George Vondriska does a great job of covering basics to advanced techniques. I like how he talks and shows on the lathe common mistakes and what it takes to fix them. His conversation speed is fast, but not to fast. Always adding useful information as he speaks, he doesn’t bla bla bla you with the things that most seasoned woodworkers already know (unplug your tool while working on it). He just does it obviously enough in the video so you know that its the right thing to do.

I, along with many of you, I received those “free” DVD’s in the mail from the Woodworkers Guild a few years back. I know that left a sour taste in some of your mouths, but if your looking for a quality DVD set at a very affordable price ($25 shipped for me) check this one out. For me, my turning has improved far and beyond the 25 I spent on the set.

View Dedvw's profile

-- PaulMayer, http://www.vernswoodgoods.com

View Vince's profile

Vince

#2 posted 12-30-2014 08:45 AM

I’ll have to check it out…thanks

-- Vince

View Lowie's profile

Lowie

#3 posted 12-23-2015 07:26 AM

I was wondering about that set? I due subscribe wwgoa but living in Australia I can only purchase videos that can be downloaded wwgoa do not ship international. Thanks for the feed back
Lowie